none
Movie maker

Question

• Can I run Movie maker 2.1 from xp version in the new Windows 7?  My pc does not have large enough Mem or processor to run the new Windows Live Movie maker.   
    Friday, October 02, 2009 11:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• What is your system specs? Go to Control Panel, and click system to find out, then posts specs here.

Also where did you get that your PC doesnt have enough resources to run movie maker? Please post link to that.

Hello! Please reply back, promptly if possible with the results to solutions to your problem!
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Skydrive | Cool 'gadget' programs: Download or Visit websites
    Stuff for win7 launch party hosts
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 12:20 AM
  • My specs are  Processor 1.81GHz, Memory 512MB with 384 MB usable.   When I try to run Win Live MM it says "Sorry Movie maker can't start, make sure your system meets min system requirement.  Win Live MM says it needs Processor with 2.4 GHz & Memory 1GB.   
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 1:48 AM
  • I copied Vista's Movie maker from (x):\Program Files to Windows 7 C:\Program Files and it works. Do not know if you can do same with Xp.
    Saturday, October 03, 2009 11:53 AM
  • It seems your system meets the requirement for Windows Live products: Windows Live Essentials System Requirements. Please re-download Windows Live Essentials from the link and see if the issue can be resolved.

If the issue persists, please post the issue at Windows Live Answers.

Regards,
    Linda
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Friday, October 09, 2009 8:12 AM
    Monday, October 05, 2009 6:37 AM
  • If you continue reading what specs are required you wil also find that you need a video card that supports DirectX 9.
    Since 128 MB of you system ram is being used by your video, it doesn't sound like you are using a discreet graphics card, and it is probably one that does not support DirectX 9.
    Monday, October 05, 2009 7:01 AM
  • Well, if you are able to get the actual movie maker from XP, then yes. If it doesn't work, tell it to run in compatability mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3
    I LOST THE GAME!!!!
    Monday, October 05, 2009 12:00 PM