none
Corrupted profile after logon on many PCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

today I run my PC and after I logged on, there was a ten minutes delay and it is saying that I have to wait until it is done.

After that the black screen with white icons without text appeared. I can't do anything but press ctrl+alt+del and restart computer.

After a few unsuccessful logons I tried to restart with shift button to invoke a boot menu and after I selected: disable Defender durning windows startup, the computer works normally, logon was successfull and quick.

Latest installed update was today Defender definitions version 1.301.1812.0.

Can anyone confirm that?

Jan

Friday, September 20, 2019 1:02 PM

All replies

• I shall suggest you to uninstall,reinstall and update graphic card driver.

You may also check things in Safe mode and via Clean Boot.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sunday, September 22, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Hi,

What is your Windows 10 version?

Please select Check for updates in the Windows Security Virus & threat protection screen to check for the latest updates. In my Windows 10, the threat definition version is 1.303.92.0.

Also, you could perform a clean boot and then check the issue.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 27, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

Best regards. 

Monday, September 30, 2019 8:26 AM