none
How do I edit a workflow I created? RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint Designer I see the Edit workflow option; however, when I click it, there's a only an option to create a stage. What do I need to do from here? I need to change the body of the email I set up in the workflow and change the recipients that receive it.

I was unable to upload the print screen. This is what I see in the workflow header tab: Site Name > Workflows > Name of the workflow > Text-Based Designer

Thank you!

• Edited by CJewzak Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:53 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi CJewzak,

Please check if your editing the right workflow. Please follow these steps - 

Once designer is connected click on List and Libraries on left navigation > Select the name of the list> Scroll down you will a see section named Workflows> Inside the workflow select the workflow you want to edit> Click on edit workflow

K Mohit

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, this is the default screen of Editing Workflow in SharePoint Designer 2013.

To edit the body part of the workflow, just click inside the stage part and you will be able to access the other functions.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your situation.

You can refer to the documents provided by Microsoft for detailed information on how to use SharePoint Designer workflow.

Creating a workflow by using SharePoint Designer 2013 and the SharePoint Workflow platform.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/creating-a-workflow-by-using-sharepoint-designer-and-the-sharepoint-wo#create-a-list-workflow-based-on-the-sharepoint-workflow-platform

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Thank you for responding. This is what I see when I click Edit Workflow from the list. When I click the stage, nothing happens.

CJewzak

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:20 PM
  • Thank you for responding. This is what I see when I click Edit Workflow from the list. When I click the stage, nothing happens.

CJewzak

Monday, October 21, 2019 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

Please check as following to narrow down your issue:

1. Is there any workflow functioning in your environment? Does this happen to all workflows in the SharePoint Designer 2013? Please create a new workflow and see if a stage will be automatically displayed in the designer.

2. Clear the cache of SharePoint Designer 2013 and then test again to see the result.

3. Make sure you have installed the latest version of SharePoint Designer 2013 client. Also make sure your installation of SharePoint Designer is up to date by using Microsoft Update. If the issue persists, uninstall and re-install the client application.

Please refer to the links below for detailed information.

how to clear cache in SharePoint designer Site?

SharePoint Designer 2013

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35491

Please note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Thanks Chelsea. I'll need to contact our Support department and work with them. I'll follow up once this is resolved.

CJewzak

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Monday, October 28, 2019 1:18 AM