none
Technisat Skystar 2 in windows 7

General discussion

• OK, so I know this has been bought up a few times, but just like to report my experiences... Or does anybody know of a PVR software that works in windows 7 with the skystar 2 I've installed the BDA driver version 4.5.1 from the technisat web site. Currently I can watch TV fine with DVBDream 1.4i. When I use media center, the card is detected, but it shows no signal, and I can't find any channels, either by an automatic scan or manually entering the transponder details. Same with sichbo PVR SageTV and GBPVR both think the tuner is an ATSC tuner, for some reason

Edit: Mediaportal works...
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Semaj667, it seems that the BDA driver does not work with Windows Media Center, one of our forum users received technical support of Technisat:

"... We do not provide BDA driver which support Windows Media Center, Nero or Magix Products or the TV Pack. Anyway you can use the with the card delivered DVBViewer-Software. The Broadcast Driver Architecture constricts the exploitability of our cards very much. This is the reason why we do not want to make adaption. Pls. have the appreciation that we can't give you support ..."
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:25 AM