none
activation and virusation

Question

• Windows 7 started disintegrating with all the functions going haywire because I had xp on another drive and it seems from another forum that this will not work as xp thinks that it is just another drive, takes control and starts reorganizing things like taking out the restore points. I had to reinstall once again but once again cannot get my product activated as the key is for an upgrade install which is impossible with xp as the instructions are to do a clean install. This is the fourth time that I have had to wipe my drive in ten weeks as if it isn't one thing it's another. Premiere Elements crash and burn, everything about the windows 7 and any program that i have put in is a whole basket of problems. IT'S TIME TO GIVE UP AND SAVE MY PENNIES FOR A MAC. I HAVE COME TO THE END OF MY PATIENCE AND ALTHOUGH I HAVE OVER TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS INVESTED IN THE PC SYSTEM AND ALTHOUGH I SPENT ALMOST A YEAR WITH THE BETA AND THE RC VERSIONS, MICROSOFT AND RELATED COMPANIES ARE GIVING ME THE TAINTED END OF THE STICK AND DO NOTHING TO RELIEVE MY CONSTANT AND ONGOING PROBLEMS WITH THE VARIOUS SYSTEMS. MAC MAC MAC!!!
    Saturday, January 02, 2010 8:29 AM

Answers

• I had to reinstall once again but once again cannot get my product activated as the key is for an upgrade install which is impossible with xp as the instructions are to do a clean install.
    If you start the install while XP is running and install Windows 7 on the same partition as XP the Upgrade key should work. You can not set up a dual boot system (which is what you have) with both XP and 7 able to boot if you have an Upgrade key.

If you have trouble activating Windows 7 open the Windows Activation Wizard while in Windows 7 to use the phone and activate Windows:
    While installing Windows 7 at the enter your product key page, do not enter your key and uncheck "Automatically Activate When Online"
    1. When you have reached the desktop, Click Start, then in the Search box type:  slui.exe 4
    2. Press Enter on your Keyboard
    3. Select your Country.
    4. Select the Phone Activation option, then call and hold for a real person.

For more details: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html

Windows 7 started disintegrating with all the functions going haywire

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

The  Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor  scans your PC for potential compatibility issues and lets you know about your Windows 7 upgrade options. Within minutes, you'll get a report that tells you if your PC meets the system requirements, if any known compatibility issues with your hardware, devices, and installed programs are found, and gives guidance on what to do to before installing Windows 7 on your PC.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/upgrade-advisor

Try Repairing The Windows 7 Installation

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD and restart your computer
    2. Boot from the DVD.
    3. Choose your language and click Next.
    4. Click Repair Your Computer and then select the operating system you want to repair.
    5. Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

Open the Performance troubleshooter

Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel . In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.

Saturday, January 02, 2010 9:06 AM