none
How do I get sound to go through HDMI cable in media center or media player?

Question

• I just bought a hp dv7-3098 laptop, it has an hdmi port. I can hook up the laptop to my tv via hdmi and the picture comes through fine on the tv, but the audio is giving me some problems. I can click on the playback devices in the taskbar and bring up the different audio controllers, and one is a high definition audio controller. I can click on that one and do a test and the sound comes through the tv speakers just fine. When I try to play a video clip in Windows Media Player or Media Center the audio defaults back to the computer speakers. How can I get media player to play sound through the hdmi cable? Thanks.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 4:04 PM

Answers

• Open the control panel "Sound" by searching for it in the search boc in the start menu. Then set HDMI port to be the default playback device and you should have a solution to your problem.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, January 25, 2010 6:18 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:10 PM

All replies

• Open the control panel "Sound" by searching for it in the search boc in the start menu. Then set HDMI port to be the default playback device and you should have a solution to your problem.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, January 25, 2010 6:18 AM
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:10 PM
  • Thanks, that worked. It was so simple I can't believe I didn't think of it. Thanks again.
    Monday, January 25, 2010 3:44 PM