none
Windows 7 wont boot past logo

Question

• Ive had windows 7 installed and first few boots were ok while i installed motherboard drivers, but now it only boots to the start up logo and i hear the login sound, but the logo just stays there and i cannot proceed to the desktop.

Have tried normal mode and safe mode.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:44 PM

Answers

• This sounds like it might be a video driver problem.

When your PC starts up, keep pressing F8 until you get the Advanced Startup Options. Then you have a couple of options to choose. Either Use Last Known Good Configuration, or Enable low resolution video (640 x 480).

If you can get a display using either of these methods, I would try to rollback the video driver.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:31 PM

All replies

• Try Repairing The Windows 7 Installation 

1. Insert the Windows 7 DVD and restart your computer 
    2. Boot from the DVD. 
    3. Choose your language and click Next. 
    4. Click Repair Your Computer and then select the operating system you want to repair. 
    5. Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options. 

Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:30 PM
  • This sounds like it might be a video driver problem.

When your PC starts up, keep pressing F8 until you get the Advanced Startup Options. Then you have a couple of options to choose. Either Use Last Known Good Configuration, or Enable low resolution video (640 x 480).

If you can get a display using either of these methods, I would try to rollback the video driver.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:31 PM