none
Windows 7 has stopped recognizing MP3 players

Question

• I'm not sure what might have caused the problem, but for some reason windows 7 doesn't seem to recognize when an mp3 player is connected to the usb ports. I've tried two different devices, both devices begin charging normally, and seem to be able to be fully recharged through the USB ports. But nothing comes up on the "computer" page, normally the device would appear either under devices with removable storage or another heading for things like MP3 players. On the sync page in media player it continues to say to connect a device after either MP3 is connected and charging. These devices were both connecting properly under Windows 7 after I originally installed the OS and drivers, I was even able to update the firmware on the sansa MP3 player. Also, I am still able to connect my Windows Mobile 6 phone to the system, and other USB devices seem to work as expected. So I'm hoping someone might have some idea as to why they might have stopped working and/or how to get them working again.
    Monday, March 02, 2009 1:27 PM

Answers

• OK, it turns out the problem was with the usb cable. Problem resolved.
    • Marked as answer by ristal Monday, March 02, 2009 8:42 PM
    Monday, March 02, 2009 8:41 PM