none
Devices not showing up in ConfigMgr Console Windows_Intune_Service component not installed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get the Intune connector working in a Hybrid configuration. Everything seems to work, dmpdownloader, dmpuploader all show succes messages. cloudusersync.log is sending the user accounts fine to Intune.

However, when I try to enroll an Ipad in my case, the profile gets installed, certificates are installed, but the device doesn't show up in ConfigMgr. After checking he logs and also the log on the Ipad I got stuck.

I reinstalled the Intune Connector on the server, acquired new APN certificates, but the problem persists. Now a colleague checked my Intune account I used to enroll, and appearantly no Intune license was provided. But still after providing a certificate it's no working.

Once more I checked the common.log and I'm seeing a repeated message every five minutes:

Can not get the current execution state for component Windows_Intune_Service since it is not installed or completed installing

The Component Status in Configmgr is giving me an OK status on the Windows_Intune_Service, although I cannot check the service, which seems to be normal?

I also checked the ConnectorSetup.log and in here I see that when I installed the role, it has been doing it four times. Every time the following line is displayed<11/20/15 13:26:18> CTool::RegisterManagedBinary: Failed to register D:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\IntuneContentManager\Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.IntuneContentManager.dll with .Net Fx 2.0

Can anyone shed a light on this, I'm stuck...

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:18 PM

All replies

• I've run into this problem once when I migrated from ConfigMgr 2012 R2 to ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 (re-installed my lab environment). The user account from my old environment was migrated over to the new environment. I only got it to work once I removed all the users in the new environment and re-discovered them. Not sure if that's the case for you as well, but you could at least give it a try (try with a single user account first).

Nickolaj Andersen | www.scconfigmgr.com | @NickolajA

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:57 PM
  • Also, regarding the message in ConnectorSetup.log, a few lines further down it should say that it registered the dll with a higher version of .NET Framework (hopefully).

Nickolaj Andersen | www.scconfigmgr.com | @NickolajA

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:58 PM