none
Cannot zoom in Windows Picture Viewer (Win 7-64) using Microsoft mouse RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi,

I am using a microsoft mouse on Win 7-64. In Windows Picture Viewer the mouse wheel won't zoom the image in and out. (yes I make sure I left clicked it, and yes it scrolls fine everywhere else (internet, word, etc))

What could cause this? Something I can check in the registry?

The mouse drivers are the vanilla drivers you get when installing Windows 7-64.

jueves, 24 de febrero de 2011 21:19

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Thank you for your reply. Microsoft unfortunately has no downloadable software for the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800".

The interesting thing is that the wheel also doesn't zoom in Windows Picture Viewer if I plug the mouse into a Windows 7 Professional 32 bit laptop.

In fact I've tried the mouse on 4 different pc's (all Windows 7) and it doesn't zoom in Windows Picture Viewer in any of them!

It scrolls windows and webpages perfectly fine.

It is the standard black Microsoft mouse you get with the Wireless Microsoft Desktop 800 Keyboard and Mouse.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/ajithrockscc/shopandbargain/Microsoft-Wireless-Desktop-800-Keyboard-and-Mouse-USB-Wireless-Keyboard.jpg

I thought a mouse wheel could zoom Windows Picture Viewer images in and out. I must have remembered it wrong?

viernes, 25 de febrero de 2011 17:36
  • I have a few mice in the shop, and they all work fine viewing pics.

So next step I want you to do is find your Windows DVD.

I want you to boot from it and when prompted to repair, select it.

Get back here is there is any issue.

My MVP is for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT, and I am getting increasingly good with Visual Studio.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

I did what you asked but Windows found nothing to repair.

I went to the shop and they opened 3 brand new boxes of "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800" which all feature the Microsoft Wireless 1000 mouse.

I tried all 3 mice  on various Windows 7 laptops in the store.

NONE of the three mice zoomed in and out of Windows Picture Viewer on ANY Windows 7 laptop.

I bought a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 3000v2 instead (which features a Microsoft Wireless/Laser mouse 5000).

Not only did this only also NOT zoom in and out of Windows Picture Viewer images using the scroll wheel, but it is also the single worst mouse I have used in over 15 years. It is bulky, weighs a ton, feels like a hemisphere (as opposed to ergonomic) and features shiny black plastic right and left click buttons?? Shiny! As in slippery! I have no idea who advised Microsoft to make these but it is a disaster! It also features a near shiny scrollwheel? I'm taking it back tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, but I have no idea which mice you tried in your store, as my research shows that NO

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 or

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000

Zoom in and out of images using Windows Picture Viewer using the scrollwheel. Using Intellipoint or otherwise.

sábado, 26 de febrero de 2011 23:33
  • I don't think I am making myself clear to you.

The machine is irrelevant.

NO Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 or 5000 will zoom in and out of Windows Picture Viewer on -ANY- Windows 7 pc using the scrollwheel.

The store unboxed three different Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000's for me and we tried them on 4 different Windows 7 machines. This mouse does not zoom in and out of Windows Picture Viewer using the scrollwheel.

As an experiment we also tried the Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000. It ALSO does not zoom in and out of Windows Picture Viewer on -ANY- Windows 7 machine using the scrollwheel.

domingo, 27 de febrero de 2011 1:29
  • Yes.
    lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011 1:58
  • I have the same issue and have seen it over and over again on Windows 7 with all brands of mice.  There is no fix that I've found.  It's just another part of the continuing Windows 7 nightmare of which I'm afraid Microsoft will never wake.  Windows 7 and Vista are definitely a step backwards.
    miércoles, 2 de marzo de 2011 15:49
  • Use the system file checker as I posted above.

The application is at issue not the driver necessarily.

My MVP is for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT, and I am getting increasingly good with Visual Studio.

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Vegan Fanatic,

I feel like I am in a blackadder sketch with you.

Perhaps you are not a native English speaker and that's why we are not getting through to each other..

How can I make this any clearer to you? I went to the computer shop and they opened 3 (THREE) of these mice, brand new, straight out of the box. We tried each mouse on 4 (FOUR) different brand new Windows 7 laptops in the store.

The mouse will not zoom images using the scrollwheel in Windows Picture Viewer. Infact NONE (as in zero) of the BRAND NEW mice zoomed using the scrollwheel in Windows Picture Viewer on ANY of the BRAND NEW Windows 7 laptops.

This mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000) will not zoom images in Windows Picture Viewer using the scrollwheel on ANY Windows 7 computer. Are you understanding what I am saying?

The shop was amazed and we opened another Microsoft Mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000), this mouse ALSO did not zoom images in Windows Picture Viewer using the scrollwheel on ANY Windows 7 computer in the store.

Just to make sure I did what you said and ran Windows File Checker on the pc. It unsurprisingly found nothing wrong with the machine.

• Propuesto como respuesta Psyllicon_sub martes, 5 de febrero de 2013 19:39
    sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011 5:17
  • Yes, using an old wired USB mouse you can zoom in and out of images in Windows Picture viewer using the scrollwheel just fine.

But you can't with the Wireless Mouse 1000 or 5000, which is basically the problem. I don't even think Microsoft knows this.

sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011 16:58
  • I was experiencing the same thing on my system with a microsoft wireless laser mouse attached along with a wired microsoft trackball.

When I left things the way Windows 7 second guessed me (i.e. the default settings) the zoom with mouse wheel did not work at all -- not even with the wired trackball.

HOWEVER, by going to Control Panel->Mouse and from the drop down list for "Connected Device" and changing this from the wireless mouse to "Trackball Optical" and hitting apply, BOTH mouse devices worked in windows photo viewer.  The scroll wheel zoomed for BOTH devices... if I set it back to the wireless laser mouse, neither device has scroll zoom in photo viewer.

I would imagine, just telling windows 7 you have a wired mouse attached in the Connected Device would work for getting the wireless mouse scroll wheel working.

martes, 18 de octubre de 2011 3:03
  • Thank you for your reply. Microsoft unfortunately has no downloadable software for the "Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800".

Ignore that and just install the IntelliPoint driver for another mouse type (I've tried IntelliPoint 8.2 from Wireless Mouse 2000). Than the scrolling should work again. (I also recommed to turn off "accelerated scrolling" on the new Control Panel\Mouse\Wheel\Advanced dialog after installing IntelliPoint to make it behave like other mice.)
    • Propuesto como respuesta Bghank sábado, 23 de noviembre de 2013 20:51
    sábado, 17 de diciembre de 2011 20:59
  • This worked for me. on my wireless mircosoft mouse 5000. thanks alot

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-laser-mouse-5000

• Propuesto como respuesta Isarn miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 2:31
    martes, 21 de febrero de 2012 7:57

That worked perfect for me.
    miércoles, 14 de marzo de 2012 2:31
  • As the others suggested, download the lastest drivers for your mouse. This worked for my Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-mobile-mouse-4000#support
    jueves, 26 de abril de 2012 18:22
  • I have the same problem. I recently purchased a wired Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500. Other apps recognize scrolling, why would Picture Viewer use a different protocol/technique? Screwy and frustrating. I did download the latest driver, but it broke the scroll wheel adjustment (lines per roll) by not keeping my settings after reboot, so I had to de-install the driver. I have to pick the least of two broken evils.
    domingo, 2 de diciembre de 2012 0:19
  • That worked for me perfect, too. 
    sábado, 11 de mayo de 2013 14:55

This worked for me on my wireless mobile mouse 1000

Thanks

miércoles, 15 de enero de 2014 20:05
  • Hi, never left one of these on site before, we'll see if it works. It's June 6th, 2014. I discovered a day or two ago, that I could not ZOOM in my Windows Photo Viewer (Windows 7 64-bit Home Builder). I went batty trying to figure it out. The fact that most of these replies are dated almost three years ago, does not inspire confidence that Microsoft was on top of the issue. Here at this site, I found a bit of helpful advice from "Bghank". He suggested installing an earlier mouse driver. It worked! I just Googled: "Wireless Mouse IntelliPoint 2000 driver". I selected driver 8.2, made the download and did a restart. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

• Editado di-lithium viernes, 6 de junio de 2014 20:35
    viernes, 6 de junio de 2014 20:32
  • Thanks ... this worked for me also :)
    sábado, 8 de noviembre de 2014 9:37
  • Hi, never left one of these on site before, we'll see if it works. It's June 6th, 2014. I discovered a day or two ago, that I could not ZOOM in my Windows Photo Viewer (Windows 7 64-bit Home Builder). I went batty trying to figure it out. The fact that most of these replies are dated almost three years ago, does not inspire confidence that Microsoft was on top of the issue. Here at this site, I found a bit of helpful advice from "Bghank". He suggested installing an earlier mouse driver. It worked! I just Googled: "Wireless Mouse IntelliPoint 2000 driver". I selected driver 8.2, made the download and did a restart. It worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

Yes! thanks, same story, new hard drive installed, scroll didn't work in image viewer but just fine everywhere else. I googled "Wireless moust intellipoint 2000 driver" installed the correct version (8.2), and presto! THANKS!!

Do this, it will work if your problem is like mine, although if its otherwise faulty, I can't promise anything, but give this a try.

sábado, 17 de enero de 2015 22:06
  • It worked!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord!
    miércoles, 17 de mayo de 2017 21:23
  • I don't know how I found this forum/answer, but I'm glad I did. I just purchased a Microsoft 850 wireless combo and I had no image scroll/zoom.  FRUSTRATING. But you advice fixed it. THANK YOU!
    jueves, 17 de octubre de 2019 5:03