none
high memory use when windows update is being used RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hello i have a problem with my laptop witch has 4 gig of ram .

After doing a clean boot i opened windows update it downloads 28 updates and i restart computer . I then go back to windows update and it says the update client needs to be updated so i let it and once the windows update page reopens and starts to check for updates i start to get a problem . It starts to use all the ram and does not update . I have left it going for many hours but still it does not work . I also had a problem with a update just before it asked me to update the update client . The update for Aug 2019 malicous software update did not seem to work and i had to restart the computer if was after i restarted it it asked me to update the update  client and i get problems .

Why is this happening . And why does microsoft not have the dates of the updates so i can load then 1 at a time by the date they where released and why does it ask me to update to fucking windows 10  I WILL NOT UPDATE IF IT COST ME MONEY . THIS LAPTOP COMES WITH WINDOWS INSTALLED AND I CAN NOT SEE WHY I HAVE TO BUY A NEW FUCKING OP JUST BECAUSE MICROSOFT CHOSE TO NOT SUPPORT IT MY LAPTOP WAS DESIGNED FOR WIN 7 NOT WIN 10.

miércoles, 2 de octubre de 2019 21:24

Todas las respuestas

• Hi beaver25au1.

Maybe you could consider increasing your laptop's RAM, if possible: I would recommend having at least 8 GB of RAM to execute Windows 7 smoothly.
    In Windows 7 you can select only a small set of updates (even only one) and install them in small batches when running Windows Update. If you've reset your notebook to factory settings (I cannot understand what you mean when you say "clean boot"), you can just download the latest cumulative update for Windows 7 to be sure that your system is updated. If you decide to run Windows Update after refreshing your installation, you have to wait for a considerable amount of time, due to the number of necessary updates to be downloaded and installed.
    As you know, Windows 10 is approaching its end of life, therefore Microsoft is suggesting users to move to a newer, more modern Windows version: that's why you see the message suggesting you to upgrade or move to Windows 10.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

jueves, 3 de octubre de 2019 15:46
  • Letting a pc run for hours w/o any progress only can damage pc & pc OS,its called an Open loop effect..Stop if after 8-10 minutes restart pc try again..Update Client should be    windowsupdateagent-7.6-x86

Get thru Microsoft.com   Also,in cmd type:  services.msc  in msc,scroll to Win installer,double click,set to Auto start,start service  next,Win modules  do same,any other set as disable,should at least set to Manual,  .NET is  needed also,this must be enabled in windows components/add remove L.sub menu..

jueves, 3 de octubre de 2019 23:31
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

martes, 8 de octubre de 2019 1:50