none
Custom Activity - Using an existing connection RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi,

The background...

I am just embarking on Orchestrator, and whilst probably biting off more than I can chew, I want to look in to development of my own Integration Packs.

I have come across the SDK reference and am really just playing about at the moment.

I am a SCOM person, but am looking to automate some common requests that I get for which I haven't come across an existing OIP for.

What I am looking for...

I can't seem to find in the SDK reference how to make use of an existing connection (within the Options Menu) such as the connection to our SCOM Management Group which is included with the Operations Manager OIP.

As I say, I am just learning at the moment, but when I write the code to perform the activity, whilst I am slowly working through the Activity inputs etc, I want to then make a connection to the Management Group but I don't know how to connect to the existing Ops Manager connection.

For example, lets say I want to create a task to remove an agent from the SCOM Console (not uninstall the agent) and I am (for now) taking in an input of the netbios computer name.  This will then use the existing connection to SCOM and perform the code to do this.  Maybe I am overthinking it, and I know that I could just use a PowerShell script task to achieve this, but I want to learn the coding myself.

Any help on this would be great, but also since I am learning all of this, if someone can point me to a good site, or a good reference guide that expands on the SDK, or even some video resources that discusses at this level, that that would be fantastic, since I want to try to work out a lot of this myself rather than keep coming asking questions :-)  Or at least get to know the basics first!

Thanks In Advance

Andy

sábado, 5 de octubre de 2019 23:08

Todas las respuestas

• Hi,

Found a document which seemed helpful for our question, please refer to the link below.

Orchestrator Extensibility Kit for SC Operations Manager

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/systemcenter/Orchestrator-Example-14ed7e36

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunes, 7 de octubre de 2019 10:06
    Moderador
  • Nice!  Thank you Xin.

I will take a look at that and see if I can get some tips.

If it extends the OpsMgr connection, then that opens me up for a lot more play time :-)

jueves, 10 de octubre de 2019 16:19
  • Ok, so I have had a quick look at this but still can't work it out from the examples how it creates the connection drop down so that you can choose one of the existing connections, and in particular, the Ops Manager connection settings.

What am I missing?

What would be ideal is if I could just create a task and add it in the existing Ops Manager pack but I would assume that it is not possible to get in to that pack to add something else.

For now, I will just have to do my own scripts collecting the MS and the credentials, but surely it can't be that difficult just to create another type of Get Alerts with my own actions and code, or is it done so hard so that only existing third parties who used to work at Opalis are able to write them ;-)  Just joking of course.

Is there anyone that has videos on IP Development or anyone that offers training on this?

Thanks

• Editado Pezza72 domingo, 13 de octubre de 2019 18:47 updated
    domingo, 13 de octubre de 2019 18:38