none
Windows 7 Enterprise Sysprep Imaging RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi

I have a question about W7 Sysprep and Imaging. I have succesfully created an image in audit mode and then run sysprep with the /generalize /oobe and /unattend commands. This is all working fine. However i was looking at ways to make changes to the image and i just installed our image on a test machine. The process will only ask the user for the PC name and all other options are part of the unattend.xml. At the computer name stage i pressed "Ctrl+Shift+F3" and the machine has booted back into audit mode. This is fantastic as it makes it easy to make changes. BUT am I going to have problems with rearm in the future. Because sysprep hasnt finished at the stage i put it back in audit mode does that mean i dont need to worry about rearm as long as i run the sysprep again once changes are complete? Normally i would have two images (a before sysprep and an after) but this can cause problems with version control.

Any help would be fantastic

Chris

martes, 26 de abril de 2011 10:07

Respuestas

• Windows has a "Rearm" count of 3. So, you can resysprep an image (create a unique image) three times before it breaks.
    (Trust me, it breaks. Registry goes all haywire).

Best to make yourself a new image off disk/network if you plan on updating your master image frequently.

Document your changes, easiest way to remember what your original master image customizations were. :)

/// MCSE: 6771498
    martes, 26 de abril de 2011 21:32