none
HELP: Class Not Registered RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Please help.  In the middle of working my computer has decided to take a dump.  When I try to access any folder or program files or anything that required Windows Explorer I get the error:

Class Not Registered

I have tried running the command regsvr32 ExplorerFrame.dll as admin as was suggested by a number of posts I found, but that provides this error:

The module ExplorerFrame.dll was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found.  Make sure that is a valid DLL or OLX file and try again.

I've also done a system restore back to 2 days ago and that did not fix the problem. What do I do now?  Any help would be appreciated because I really don't want to do a reinstall and have to get all my programs back again.

Thanks in advance.

miércoles, 3 de diciembre de 2008 21:47

Respuestas

•  

Hi Redd14, based on the error message, this issue can be caused by corrupted ExplorerFrame.dll. I suggest try the following method to troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1: Run SFC

1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

2. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. You will be prompted to type the password for an administrator account. Click Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password. Then, click Continue.  

3. At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

The scan may take some time and prompt you to insert Windows Vista disc. After that, please restart the computer and re-register the file ExplorerFrame.dll and check the result.

If the issue still occurs, please try method 2.

Method 2: Download and install the update 935855 package via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=56355D02-1A79-4074-99EE-29936EBC9741

You can also check the following post for solutions:

Windows Explorer error: "class not registered"

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1694171&SiteID=17

Hope this helps!

viernes, 5 de diciembre de 2008 3:04
    Moderador