none
Hyper-V ultrawide monitor resolution support RRS feed

• Pregunta

• I'm trying out Hyper-V for the first time after using VirtualBox and VMware for several years. Technical issues with a development environment are forcing me to use/try Hyper-V. Anyway, my host is Windows 10 Pro, guest is also Windows 10 Pro. I have an ultrawide monitor (2560x1080).

It's worth noting that I purposely disabled Enhanced Session mode because you have to use a password when logging in to Windows under RDP, and I have a very strong Microsoft account password set that I don't enjoy typing out every time... so I use a PIN. In order to log in with a PIN, you cannot use Enhanced Session.

Now, with that said, the issue I'm running in to with Full Screen mode without Enhanced Session, is the largest resolution I'm able to get in the guest OS is 1920x1080.

Is there any way to get support for 2560x1080 without using Enhanced Session mode?
    viernes, 14 de junio de 2019 16:02

Respuestas

• Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

>>Is there any way to get support for 2560x1080 without using Enhanced Session mode?

I am afraid there is no way could achieve your goal.

If you connect to a virtual machine using enhanced mode – it gets all the DPI information from the host, and does the right thing. However, if you are using basic mode – the guest OS is unaware of the host DPI.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

• Marcado como respuesta Nicholas CLS martes, 18 de junio de 2019 11:06
    lunes, 17 de junio de 2019 4:40

Todas las respuestas

• Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

>>Is there any way to get support for 2560x1080 without using Enhanced Session mode?

I am afraid there is no way could achieve your goal.

If you connect to a virtual machine using enhanced mode – it gets all the DPI information from the host, and does the right thing. However, if you are using basic mode – the guest OS is unaware of the host DPI.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

• Marcado como respuesta Nicholas CLS martes, 18 de junio de 2019 11:06
    lunes, 17 de junio de 2019 4:40
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

martes, 18 de junio de 2019 9:16