none
Windows 7 drivers for Microsoft LifeCam vx_6000 RRS feed

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Hi amarala,

I looks to me that the Webcam is not supported on Windows 7, as you can see on the download page there is no driver download choice for Windows 7

http://www.microsoft.com/canada/hardware/digitalcommunication/downloads/default.mspx

see also post like this:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1271635-webcam_lifecam_vx_6000_will_not_work

they give some solutions but they all don’t work.

My conclustion is that you need to buy a new webcam that is supported for Windows 7 Sorry L

Follow me on Twitter (RickSlager) for updates about all latest news from Microsoft
    miércoles, 13 de octubre de 2010 6:18
  • Hi Amarala,

There is a driver on http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx and it works fine

Rainer

miércoles, 13 de octubre de 2010 18:48
  • Hi Amarala,

can you confirm that above driver works? i am quite interested.

Please share your results with the community.

Follow me on Twitter (RickSlager) for updates about all latest news from Microsoft
    jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010 3:57
  • Hi Rick

I have not tried it yet, as I am afraid, because I have realised that I do not have my CD that came with my webcam so if they want me to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall, then I am buggered so just let me find out from my nephew first before, i try something and then ending up having to buy a new webcam

Thanks again I will let you know as soon as I do try it

Amarala

jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010 4:05
  • Thanks Rainer,

I will let u know as soon as I try it, have just been to scared to try it incase I have to uninstall the whole then then reinstall as I do not have my CD that came with my webcam

Amarala

jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010 4:07
  • It is very unlikely that the new driver will fail but ther are acouple of things you can do to get your old driver back.

If you make a System Restore point before installing the new driver, you can always do a System Restore back to the same point if the new driver doesn't work out.

Alternatively, you can open Device Manager with the web cam plugged in, navigate and expand imaging devices, double click on Microsoft web cam, and select properties.  Click on the driver tab and the click on the roll back driver button. 

Jerry

jueves, 14 de octubre de 2010 21:32
  • Hi Ranier, Rick and Amarala,

Sorry for just jumping in but I am starting to get confused over this Windows 7 and the Microsoft Life Cam VX6000 topic.  I have only had Windows 7, (Ultimate, Home, Professional)on only HP Computers for at least the last 10 years, and I have had this same webcam that I seldom use, but I have plugged it in and have taken selfies with it for my Mom from time to time over the years. 

My last HP Desktop with Win 7 sort of blew up a few months ago so I purchased a refurbished HP Desktop, again, with one of the versions of Windows 7.  I had my I had most of my files on the prior hard drive transferred to this newer computer's hard drive.   I have the Life Cam Help topics still loaded and the app comes on my monitor, but now it says it cannot see a camera on this computer when I plug in the LifeCam VX 6000 webcam.  To be fair the light on the Webcam does not come on, but I thought that was because I was missing a file or something as I have had so many niggling little problems lately due to some updates, so I just thought I should download the whole shootin' match again, since I don't know how to find that one file or driver.

My point is, Windows 7 and the Life Cam VX-6000 have worked together for me for many years and I have the pictures I took with it that prove that, hence, the cruxt of my confusion here.  I am unable to utilize the link uploaded by Rainier now, however.  The link takes me to a Microsoft webpage that has Oops!! in very big letters saying it can't find what I am looking for.

I looked for the properties to the Microsoft Life Cam that IS still installed on my Win 7 64 bit programming   and it shows the .exe file.  I thought I might try that to see if the driver might download again.

Is there some other way to download and install that driver?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration.

Taylor

??? Taylor Young ???

lunes, 6 de mayo de 2019 9:04