none
Windows 10 1809 RSAT RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Windows 10 update to build 1809 did me a solid and removed RSAT. Puzzled by this, I searched and found that I no longer have to download RSAT, even though I've had it installed for at least a year already, but instead go to Settings, then App & Features, then add RSAT from there.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-server-administration-tools

Surprise! There is nothing available when I "Add a feature". In addition, it asks 4 or 5 times for my administrator credentials. What gives with this insanity? This is really a sore spot for me, because I don't have the time to muddle through stupid changes like this.

• Editado bmcmcm viernes, 23 de agosto de 2019 21:59
    viernes, 23 de agosto de 2019 21:58

Todas las respuestas

• Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update, RSAT is included as a set of “Features on Demand” in Windows 10. That means you do not need to download an RSAT package now. Instead, on your Windows 10 computer, go to “Manage optional features” in Settings and click “Add a feature”. You will see the list of available RSAT tools. Select and install the specific RSAT tools you need.

Wait for the list of features to be populated. Scroll down until you see RSAT features. Now select any of the RSAT feature that you wish to install.

Click the back icon and wait until the feature is installed. Now you should find Group Policy Management Tools under Start > Windows Administrative Tools.

===================

Alternatively:

Open Command Prompt as Admin and type:

DISM.exe /Online /Get-Capabilities

Now in the same command prompt, run the below command to install RSAT Group policy management tools.

DISM.exe /Online /add-capability /CapabilityName:Rsat.GroupPolicy.Management.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

sábado, 24 de agosto de 2019 1:59
  • Hi,

RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) in Windows 10 v1809 and v1903 are no longer a downloadable add-on to Windows. Instead its included as a set of  "Features on Demand" directly in Windows.

For your reference: 

Deploy RSAT (Remote Server Administration Tools) for Windows 10 v1903 using SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) and Powershell

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunes, 26 de agosto de 2019 5:50
    Moderador
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can do for you?

If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to post here. 

Best regards,

Yilia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

jueves, 29 de agosto de 2019 5:56
    Moderador
  • I think you must have missed the part where I said that "Add a Feature" in Settings shows me a list of nothing:

jueves, 29 de agosto de 2019 12:20