none
How to prevent Media Player icon being created for each new user profile RRS feed

• Pregunta

• Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to prevent the WMP icon being added to the task bar by default for every new user account that's created. I've had a look through the WMP and Task bar GPOs but can't see anything appropriate.

Cheers
    Ant
    jueves, 22 de octubre de 2009 14:59

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Hai,

WMP is pinned by default for new installations. So programmatic pinning by an application is not permitted. So the programmtic interface for adding/removing them to Taskbar are quite limited.

regards from www.windowsadmin.info

ManuPhilip
    • Marcado como respuesta Linda Yan viernes, 23 de octubre de 2009 1:20
    • Desmarcado como respuesta AntHughes viernes, 23 de octubre de 2009 8:27
    • Marcado como respuesta Linda Yan jueves, 29 de octubre de 2009 1:42
    jueves, 22 de octubre de 2009 15:09
  • Hi,

I'm not trying to programatically pin an application, I'm trying to prevent the automatic pinning through GPO / standard deployment means.

It seems odd that GPO provides a multitue of options for configuring the look and feel for inital user desktops, but then forces you to have WMP pinned to the task bar....

Cheers
    viernes, 23 de octubre de 2009 8:27
  • Hai,

I meant 'scripting through GPMC' in the word 'programatically'. I have made a web reserch on your requirement and learnt that much as I answerd previously

regards from www.windowsadmin.info

ManuPhilip
    viernes, 23 de octubre de 2009 8:37
  • Hi AntHughes,

As ManU PhiliP mentioned, we cannot prevent Windows Media Player from being pinned by default for the newly created user accounts after installing Windows 7. For more information, please refer to this thread: Remove Windows Media Player pinned taskbar item.

Regards,

Linda

• Marcado como respuesta Linda Yan jueves, 29 de octubre de 2009 1:42
    lunes, 26 de octubre de 2009 10:07