none
Windows Server 2012 Server Manager: issues with Creation VDI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody, I did not find any article that regards my problem, it is this the error:

Then I went to check on the Task Status if this error is up or not:

This happens during the wizard for ADD VIRTUAL DESKTOP and on VIRTUAL DESKTOP ALLOCATION, I chose the RD VIRTUALIZATION HOST SERVER finally the confirmation of the settings. But during the PROGRESS it suddenly stops and appears the error in VIEW RESULT as in the first image. I went to see the TASK STATUS and the error appears:

FAILED: TASK: CALLING INTO HYPER-V: FAILED. RESULT OF TASK [0x80004005]

What is due?

Thanks for any reply :)

lundi 11 novembre 2019 10:43

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if it failed to add RD virtual desktop to collection? 

Is it Personal virtual desktop collection or Pooled virtual desktop collection?

If possible, try to delete the collection and recreate one to check the result. Or, create new collection to confirm that if same problem still happens. 

Besides, please use Gen1 VMs.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

mardi 12 novembre 2019 07:11
    Modérateur
  • Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    Here are the answers to the following questions:

- I want to confirm with you if it was not possible to add the virtual desktop to the collection?
    Yes

- Is it a personal virtual desktop collection or a pooled virtual desktop collection?
    Pooled

I already have 2 collections, one of which is reserved for users who choose Win7 and the other one is for who uses Win8 and 10.
    In the collection of Win 8 and 10 I haven't problems creating the VM, instead I find that error only in the collection of Win7.

I would ask to have more details about "please use Gen1 VMs.", thanks in advance.

mardi 12 novembre 2019 10:25
  • Hi,

>I would ask to have more details about "please use Gen1 VMs.", thanks in advance.
    Generation 1 VM om Hyper-V.

VM Generation: 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/plan/should-i-create-a-generation-1-or-2-virtual-machine-in-hyper-v

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

jeudi 14 novembre 2019 06:59
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

mardi 19 novembre 2019 01:30
    Modérateur
  • Good morning,
    I tried to check with EDIT PROPERTIES of the WIN7 collection and on the DESKTOP VIRTUAL the address already in in CENTRAL STORAGE POSITION was full and lack the space to create the new VMs.
    I sent a note to my administrator but he replied to to wait. I think for that error that I highlighted in the first post, it was better that I had to check the storage space.

Regards

mardi 19 novembre 2019 12:24
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if there is any update about this thread. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

mercredi 20 novembre 2019 07:18
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

mardi 26 novembre 2019 07:04
    Modérateur
  • Hi,

the issue is solved, it was a problem of storage space but I didn't try personally. I think you can close the thread and thank you.

Have a nice day.

mercredi 27 novembre 2019 08:11
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

mercredi 27 novembre 2019 09:31
    Modérateur