none
Intel Display Audio and Hyper V RRS feed

• Question

• A week ago I setup a new machine with a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard and a Intel i5-4590 processor running Windows 10. I have all of the latest intel drivers for video and the hdmi audio driver. I use the machine for a media server connected to my Samsung TV via HDMI. I had been having trouble with the Audio not working over HDMI. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the video/hdmi drivers many times with no change. I have a spare Nvidia graphics card that has HDMI audio that I tried and this card and the audio works fine. After alot of research and trial and error I uninstalled Hyper-V and the Intel HDMI audio worked fine after that.

So I was wondering if there were any updates to Hyper-V that will allow me to have that installed and be able to use the Intel Display Audio over HDMI.

lundi 12 octobre 2015 12:49

Toutes les réponses

• Hi gomer240,

To make a device work well, we should get a compatible driver. It seems that there is a compatibility issue between the Intel Display Audio driver and the Hyper-v.
    Have you tried to download the Windows 10 compatible drivers for the device from the device manufacturer website?

Usually we could use the built-in feedback tool to submit the suggestions or needs of using Windows 10. Please report the issue to the Intel forum at the same time, they may need to release a new driver version.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

mardi 13 octobre 2015 07:25
    Modérateur
  • Thank you for the reply. Yes I have updated to the latest stable release of the Intel Display and Audio drivers. Expanding on that I had tried the latest ones from my motherboard manufacture and from Intel directly. I will go post up on the intel forums as well about this. If there is any more detail I can provide I would be happy to do so.

Thank you.

mardi 13 octobre 2015 20:19
  • Hi gomer240,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

jeudi 5 novembre 2015 01:35
    Modérateur
  • Sorry for a delayed response, but no new news on my end for this issue. Have any new intel hdmi audio drivers been released that I should try? Thank you for the follow up!
    lundi 23 novembre 2015 17:46
  • Hi gomer240,

The driver is released by the device manufacturer though we could get them from the Windows Update sometimes. The Intel forum should have more resources to help you.

Best regards

mardi 24 novembre 2015 01:20
    Modérateur
  • I am following up on this thread. I had been working with Intel support and they did some testing and were able to recreate the issue with a processor similar to mine. We even tried some updated beta drivers from Intel but no change. I wanted to check back in forum over here to see if there was any troubleshooting we can do to look into this issue.

Thank you.

mercredi 2 décembre 2015 21:50
  • Hi,

Is there any resolution to this issue as I have exactly the same fault. I cannot use the Display Audio to my Panasonic TV when Hyper-V is active. (Standard sound works okay when the codecs and drivers for the sound chipset are used to output via SPDIF or etc).

To enable the display audio sound to work I have created an extra boot entry with hypervisorlaunchtype =  off (disabled), obviously this is not ideal as I have no Hyper-V when this is set!!

I have the latest Intel drivers and also from the motherboard manufacturer. Initially they thought it was a BIOS issue and issued me with a newer BIOS for the Giganye GA-Z97 Gaming 5 (Version 7 BIOS) but this has not resolved the issue.

Here is my bcdedit entry:

Windows Boot Loader
    -------------------
    identifier              {default}
    device                  partition=C:
    path                    \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi
    description             Windows 10
    locale                  en-GB
    inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
    recoverysequence        {8e11e087-e3fb-11e3-abcd-abdc04fbb64a}
    recoveryenabled         Yes
    isolatedcontext         Yes
    allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075
    osdevice                partition=C:
    systemroot              \WINDOWS
    resumeobject            {8e11e085-e3fb-11e3-abcd-abdc04fbb64a}
    nx                      OptIn
    bootmenupolicy          Standard
    hypervisorlaunchtype    Off

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated in resolving this issue.

Many Thanks

Paul

lundi 18 janvier 2016 22:17
  • I'm seeing something similar on my Surface Pro 3. With Hyper-V enabled I cannot output audio through HDMI. I have tried both manually installing the audio drivers, and just using the WU ones. Still no luck. I don't know if this is a widespread issue, but i seems there are a couple of us that are experiencing issues with the Intel Audio Drives and Hyper-V. For some reason they don't want to play nicely with each other.

My issue is that audio over hdmi stops working, and video will only play at half speed. If I change playback device to speakers the video plays with correct speed, and audio plays through the Surface speakers.

Sindre S Brun

lundi 22 février 2016 07:51
  • I found this to be the solution to the exact problem above:

- After Hyper-V is enabled, restart the system, and go to Playback Devices (right click the icon on the bottom left side on taskbar)

- In Playback tab find your active playback device (monitor) - right click and chose Properties

- Go to Advanced tab -> Default format -> click on popup window and chose '24 bit, 441000 Hz (Studio Quality)' -> OK (there are several options that fix the issue in my configuration)

mardi 31 janvier 2017 20:08
  • this worked for me too meanwhile thanks
    mardi 11 avril 2017 22:03
  • I found this to be the solution to the exact problem above:

- After Hyper-V is enabled, restart the system, and go to Playback Devices (right click the icon on the bottom left side on taskbar)

- In Playback tab find your active playback device (monitor) - right click and chose Properties

- Go to Advanced tab -> Default format -> click on popup window and chose '24 bit, 441000 Hz (Studio Quality)' -> OK (there are several options that fix the issue in my configuration)

The solution works for Stereo sound but not for DTS Passthrough. If you have a connected 5.1 audio system through HDMI you only can play stereo audio. If you try 5.1 audio content there is still no sound.
    mercredi 7 juin 2017 18:01
  • Excellent!  I had no sound for weeks.  Thank you!
    vendredi 19 octobre 2018 18:42
  • I can't tell you how happy it made me when I tried this. Hours of research and this was the solution. Thank you!
    vendredi 20 septembre 2019 14:24