none
Powershel Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Gys

Im hoping someone can help me. i am VERY new to Powershell and made a script to delete some files on reomte machines It worked all day Thursday and Friday and when i tried to run today I get the below error and I have no idea why

Invoke-command -comp (Get-Content C:\Users\AR\Desktop\MissingVDI_One.txt)  -filepath C:\Users\AR\Desktop\Powershell\DeleteGUID.ps1

The error is

nvoke-Command : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'ComputerName'. The argument is null or empty. Provide an argument that is not null or empty, and then try the command again.
    At line:1 char:22

I used the same exact script wwith the txt file and ps1 imn the same place with no issues now it gets this

samedi 22 juin 2019 20:31

Réponses

• The error has nothing to do with the script.  It is from the "Invoke" as the error states.  The script file has not even been loaded or evaluated.

There is a blank line in the text file.  Remove the blank line and the error will go away.  Your friends probably sabotaged the file to watch you squirm.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposé comme réponse BOfH-666 dimanche 23 juin 2019 12:06
    • Marqué comme réponse Araimondi dimanche 23 juin 2019 17:54
    samedi 22 juin 2019 21:34

Toutes les réponses

• Hi, 

Check this link, maybe it solve your problem.

If the error message continues then, is it possible to post the script?

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

samedi 22 juin 2019 20:46
  • Hi Here is the scipt

net stop ccmexec
    sc.exe config "ccmexec" start= auto
    Set-Location Cert:\LocalMachine\SMS\
    gci * | where {$_.Subject -like "CN=SMS*"}|Remove-Item -Force
    Set-Location Cert:\LocalMachine\My\
    gci * | where {$_.Subject -like "CN=Blast*"}|Remove-Item -Force
    Remove-Item -LiteralPath "C:\Windows\SMSCFG.ini" -Force -Confirm:$false
    net start ccmexec

samedi 22 juin 2019 21:22
  • The error has nothing to do with the script.  It is from the "Invoke" as the error states.  The script file has not even been loaded or evaluated.

There is a blank line in the text file.  Remove the blank line and the error will go away.  Your friends probably sabotaged the file to watch you squirm.

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposé comme réponse BOfH-666 dimanche 23 juin 2019 12:06
    • Marqué comme réponse Araimondi dimanche 23 juin 2019 17:54
    samedi 22 juin 2019 21:34
  • DUDE THANK YOU!!!!!!! 
    samedi 22 juin 2019 21:44
  • DUDE THANK YOU!!!!!!! 

Welcome.  Please mark the answer that helped and not your response. People find things by answers in tech forums.

\_(ツ)_/

dimanche 23 juin 2019 02:55