none
Windows 8 Pro 64bit DVD and 0xc0000225 error RRS feed

• Question

• I got the Windows 8 Pro 64bit DVD (part of an upgrade product that also includes the 32bit DVD, SKU 3UR-00001).  I previously had Windows XP Home Ed., but my computer is definitely 64bit capable. In fact I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit in a separate partition.

However, when I boot up with the 64bit DVD, I get a "0xc0000225" error code. 

Is there a way to start up the install from the DVD with a more verbose setting, to see exactly where the “0xc0000225" happens?

Is the DVD in the upgrade package not designed to be run on bootup; rather, run only in an earlier Windows instance?  If so, that's a problem, since I do NOT have a 64bit Windows available.

I've seen many references in the support forum to creating an ISO - either from download or the DVD - is this only possible with certain versions of the Windows 8 Pro DVD?  If it is possible with the upgrade DVD, what's the procedure?

I've tried unplugging all peripherals/USB devices except my keyboard and mouse, as suggested on a different Technet forum post, but no luck.

I'll next see if a BIOS update is available.

NOTE:  On other threads about this error code, with Windows 7 and 8, I saw references to ACPI - I've already enabled ACPI in BIOS, and also tried install with it disabled, with no luck.

This upgrade really has been painful (admittedly, only because I have the audacity to want to use a 64bit OS on a 64bit processor!).

jeudi 8 novembre 2012 10:20

Réponses

• Hi, 

I found another thread for this error: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/47e1cdc7-0700-4925-ad9f-2489f49b83c4/ 

so maybe this issue will related with the hardware? 

Do you have 64bit WinRE tool? we can start the installation in the there as a workaround.

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.”

mercredi 14 novembre 2012 15:07

Toutes les réponses

• Hi, 

I found another thread for this error: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/47e1cdc7-0700-4925-ad9f-2489f49b83c4/ 

so maybe this issue will related with the hardware? 

Do you have 64bit WinRE tool? we can start the installation in the there as a workaround.

“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.”

mercredi 14 novembre 2012 15:07
  • I got the Windows 8 Pro 64bit DVD (part of an upgrade product that also includes the 32bit DVD, SKU 3UR-00001).  I previously had Windows XP Home Ed., but my computer is definitely 64bit capable. In fact I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit in a separate partition.

However, when I boot up with the 64bit DVD, I get a "0xc0000225" error code. 

Is there a way to start up the install from the DVD with a more verbose setting, to see exactly where the “0xc0000225" happens?

Is the DVD in the upgrade package not designed to be run on bootup; rather, run only in an earlier Windows instance?  If so, that's a problem, since I do NOT have a 64bit Windows available.

I've seen many references in the support forum to creating an ISO - either from download or the DVD - is this only possible with certain versions of the Windows 8 Pro DVD?  If it is possible with the upgrade DVD, what's the procedure?

I've tried unplugging all peripherals/USB devices except my keyboard and mouse, as suggested on a different Technet forum post, but no luck.

I'll next see if a BIOS update is available.

NOTE:  On other threads about this error code, with Windows 7 and 8, I saw references to ACPI - I've already enabled ACPI in BIOS, and also tried install with it disabled, with no luck.

This upgrade really has been painful (admittedly, only because I have the audacity to want to use a 64bit OS on a 64bit processor!E

Enabling ACPI in BIOS got my computer running!

mardi 15 janvier 2013 14:38