none
what will happen to windows 8 pro after january 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am planning to purchase windows 8 pro. I was reading about some offer which is there till january 2013. I wanted to know about the validity of this purchase after january 2013. if I buy now, will i get all the benefits of windows 8 next year? Will there be some features which will be removed? what about the license?

Thanks

lundi 19 novembre 2012 09:27

Réponses

• looks like i wont be able to apply for the promo.. the registration asks for the date of purchase of system. it only gives option of 2012 and 2013... doesnt matter.. will try microsoft customer care, i can get the promotional offers from them and will see when can i buy.
    mercredi 21 novembre 2012 04:05

Toutes les réponses

• The only thing that will change after 01/2012 is the pricing. What you're seeing now is an "Introductory Special." After January, it'll be sold at regular retail price. It won't affect your already purchased software. Win8Pro will still be Win8Pro, just more expensive if you wait to buy it.

SC Tom

lundi 19 novembre 2012 12:27
  • You can also get a free Media Center if you register for it and activate it before end of january.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

lundi 19 novembre 2012 16:44
  • Well, I have a Dell XPS 15, bought last year. So, I am not eligible for the promotional offer. But what I am seeing in the windows purchase webpage, that looks quite good to me. I am overly excited about windows 8 on my laptop. So, dont want to jump into it and then regret. I have a windows home premium from Dell currently. Can I purchase windows 8 pro, will it work out fine? is there any thing that i should keep in mind? I was thinking more about the download option, as that one will be done sitting in my dungeon.. :-D
    mardi 20 novembre 2012 17:22
  • Hi,

Yes, I have a piece of advice for you :

a. Make a full backup of all your documents, settings, favorites, photos, etc of your PC to an external place (like DVDs, tape, USB, whatever)

b. Make a full System Image of your PC (don't forget to burn its corresponding recovery disk)

c. Don't upgrade, wipe out your C: disk and run a fresh install.

d. Keep #a and #b away from your upgraded W8 laptop until you feel 100% confident with the new OS

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

mardi 20 novembre 2012 18:13
  • looks like i wont be able to apply for the promo.. the registration asks for the date of purchase of system. it only gives option of 2012 and 2013... doesnt matter.. will try microsoft customer care, i can get the promotional offers from them and will see when can i buy.
    mercredi 21 novembre 2012 04:05