none
your account settings are out of date - constantly RRS feed

Toutes les réponses

• Open your phone's date and time settings and verify that the settings are correct.
    dimanche 17 janvier 2016 07:13
  • I have the same problem on my windows10mobile using the standard mail universal-app and using an outlook.com account. I have checked the time settings and everything is as it should. Googled and found many people with the same issue but no acknowledgement by Microsoft that there is a problem.

This happens on Outlook.com, Office365 and other type of accounts. It happens both on WIndows 10 and windows 10 mobile. So the only commonality between all the cases reported seems to be the use of the mail universal app.

Anyway date&time settings doesn't seem to be a solution.

lundi 18 janvier 2016 09:14
  • Experiencing the same issue on my wife's Lumia 950. The notification center is constantly receiving alerts that the Outlook Calendar "Your email@domain.com account settings are out-of-date.   Set date and time and time zone automatically is turned on.  Outlook Mail version 17.6525.42272.0.  Her phone is synchronizing 2 different Office 365 Exchange online accounts.  Any assistance would be great.  Thank you!

Tony

lundi 18 janvier 2016 23:27
  • Hello,

When I set up an Exchange mailbox on Windows 10 phone, emails are working , but it keep prompting "your account settings are out of date"

Me too, using expensive Lumia 950XL

Mike Stanley

vendredi 22 janvier 2016 15:37
  • Same here with Lumia 950.  Everything seems to work fine so it hasn't bothered me too much but it should be fixed. 
    lundi 8 février 2016 16:18
  • Same issue here on my 950 XL. The last two I had occurred on two different accounts. I don't know if it is significant, but one happened at 4:25 PM MST; the other at 4:48 PM MST.
    mercredi 10 février 2016 00:07
  • Same issue on my Lumia 950. O365 mail & Hotmail both prompt, but O365 much more frequently (many times per day).

Douks

mercredi 10 février 2016 11:30
  • Searching Windows Feedback for the term "your account settings are out of date" shows several thousand people have reported this behavior already in the last 6 months on Windows 10. Everyone please go to the feedback app and up-vote.

Is there any update from Microsoft on the issue?

Douks

vendredi 12 février 2016 11:54
  • I we have an onpremise Exchange (2010) and about 50 Lumia 930 with WP8 that sync fine, 50 BB10 devices that do well, some iOS devices that sync fine too and about 20 Lumia 950 or 950XL with WM10 that have this error frequently. We deploy the same settings to all Windows phones using Intune so the settings are correct. Because this happens very frequently, you have absolute no chance the keep your ringtones on, which is in fact a disaster for our employees. So this must be fixed soon or wie kicking these phones to trash and Intune with it. Mails etc are reveived anyway on these devices.
    lundi 15 février 2016 21:14
  • I know this may not be a solution but I have changed my email protocol til IMAP instead of exchange or whatever outlook/office365 uses. After I've done that, the notice about an outdated email is gone.

I'm lucky that I don't use the calendar and contact sync in Office365 though, but it is possible to turn off email and only keep calendar and contact sync, and then create another email account using IMAP (but they may block multiple accounts using same email address). You may get outdated for calendar/contact sync then but it may be worth a shot.

mardi 16 février 2016 07:51
  • No that is not the solution, definetely. IMAP sucks at keeping several clients synchronized. So if you have  multiple devices synching to the same mail account this is not a good solution. I tried that. The only acceptable solution is that MS wakes up and gets it fixed!
    • Proposé comme réponse alte flatus lundi 11 février 2019 14:20
    mardi 16 février 2016 08:41
  • Same here. I am frustrating a lot.
    vendredi 26 février 2016 07:56

Well you don't have to be because it's already been fixed.  It was fixed in a phone update, not app update.

Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.107

"Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed."

• Proposé comme réponse Rann Sanders vendredi 22 juillet 2016 23:27
    samedi 27 février 2016 02:56
  • Well you don't have to be because it's already been fixed.  It was fixed in a phone update, not app update.

"Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out-of-date for some users, although account settings had not been changed."

I saw the above update and hoped that was true. I indeed got an update pushed to my 950xl a week ago.

1. Now, where can I see what version I am running now? Under Settings>Extra>Advanced I get lots of data but nothing that resembles that build number?

2. Why MS does not learn form Apple? Anybody who has ever had an iPhone pr iPad would know how well documented is every time a new upgrade is available. You always know exactly what is going to be installed and what is changed. It is infuriatingly arrogant (or stupid) that MS thinks users do not need to know what is going to be installed on their phones or PCs, or we need to go chasing that information on blogs. Sorry for the digression this had nothing to do with the issue, just deeply frustrating.

Any help where to look for what version is on my phone now?

Thanks

• Modifié aguida60 samedi 27 février 2016 15:40
    samedi 27 février 2016 15:39
  • You can check your OS build version under All Settings > System > About.

You can read about the update here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate/announcement-february-cumulative-update-for/2179cb46-24a7-4e45-bdc5-1629b2dfb57a?auth=1

• Modifié saleaway dimanche 28 février 2016 04:19 link
    dimanche 28 février 2016 04:18
  • The update seems to have fixed my 950, at least I've not had the account settings message for a few days now.

Douks

lundi 29 février 2016 09:54
  • You can check your OS build version under All Settings > System > About.

You can read about the update here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/forum/mdlumia-mdupdate/announcement-february-cumulative-update-for/2179cb46-24a7-4e45-bdc5-1629b2dfb57a?auth=1

Yes, so far seems to have fixed mine too. First my yahoo account started to fail too, but after a couple of restarts I haven't seen any notification anymore. THANKS!

Thank you Saleway for pointing me to those resources. I will bookmark them so I will not have to chase them again, but still I really whish MS enhanced the update notification (actually both in windows mobile 10 and in windows 10) to include the information about the update or at least to include the link to the correct information. Just basic usability :-(

But very happy that the issue in this thread seems to be solved. 

lundi 29 février 2016 12:13
  • I was never having this issue before the February update, but it started for me on August 30th.  I have 2 O365 accounts, one with and one without ADFS.  The one without ADFS rarely shows this error; and retyping the password fixes the issue when it comes up.  The account with ADFS now will not work at all for any sync related services.  If I try to fix the account it takes me to the ADFS server and then tells me the account is fixed.  Been an endless cycle now, very frustrating.  Any thoughts here?  Thank you.
    mercredi 7 septembre 2016 16:26
  • I have the same problem,
    for the last 9 days (so starting around August 30th), my account settings are out of date, and I also have the endless cycle now.
    mercredi 7 septembre 2016 18:52
  • We're having the exact same issues here.  Corporate environment, Office365 Hybrid setup with AzureSync, 20+ users reporting the same issue.  It seems to be related to when they have a password change.  

The only workaround we have found to work is to remove their email account and re-add it which works for now. (I'm worried this will do it every password change though!)

This obviously is not ideal but even worse for users who have set their corporate account to be their 'Microsoft Store' account.  If they have done this we have had to completely wipe the phone!!  To have to do this all because of a password change is really poor.  Users frustrated and wondering why we are using Microsoft when their iPhones and Android devices are working fine...  It's hard to argue when Microsoft keep going around shooting themselves in the foot.

If anyone has actually had a real solution to this, it would be greatly appreciated if you can let us know how you did it!

mercredi 21 septembre 2016 14:39
  • We are having the same issue here. We have about 90 users currently enrolled with Intune, managed by Configuration Manager. The users 365 email settings are applied via Email Profiles from Configuration Manager. This has been working fine for months but since about 3 weeks ago, we have been getting multiple reports of users getting 'Your XXXXX account settings are out of date'. You tap 'Fix account' which appears to do something but the message pops straight back. Easiest way at the moment is to retire/wipe the device and re-enroll but even doing this, some users have still had the issue afterward. One user with the issue, has a Lumia 650, which says it is up to date, on version 10.0.14393.189 and has not recently changed their password either.
    • Modifié Douglas272 jeudi 22 septembre 2016 10:19 additional
    jeudi 22 septembre 2016 10:17
  • I set up an Exchange account today and I cannot use it because I keep getting this annoying message "Your XXXX account settings are out of date". I choose fix, I enter the password, and then again the message.
    Tried to delete the account and re enter all the data: same thing.
    Tried to shutdown and restart the phone: same thing.

Please fix this issue since it is not new!

lundi 3 octobre 2016 14:55
  • Today, after the last 'Fast Insider' update, I have the same problem with outlook accounts (Live.com and Hotmail).

I have tried to delete the account and re-create it without success.

mercredi 26 octobre 2016 08:45
  • I have had the same error since the beginning of August (Lumia 950 XL) unable to synchronise with an Office 365 onmicrosoft.com account and my brother has had the same error since the end of August (Lumia 950 XL).  

Is there any sign that Microsoft are listening?

dimanche 30 octobre 2016 12:36
  • Another Lumina 950 with the same problem. My boss hasn't gotten any new mail on his phone since October 9th. I understand that Microsoft and Google are simultaneously attempting their own doomed versions of "The Great Leap Forward" right now, in what appears to be a contest to see who can destroy more of their own products and piss off more of their own clients, but HI, WE'RE DOWN HERE. WE'RE YOUR USERS. HI. HEY, DO US A FAVOR. STOP. FIX YOUR SH*T. This has been an issue for almost a year and there is no comment on it?! Really though?
    mardi 1 novembre 2016 20:55
  • Still not fixed.

My Lumia 950 does this intermittently. (But this may be due to the fact that the phone has consistently reset itself multiple times on a daily basis since late spring/early summer 2016)

I did find a fix to all the issue's though. Buy a different phone.

jeudi 10 novembre 2016 15:19
  • Running Outlook on 950XL with Win10 and have the same issue. E-mail account and settings are exactly the same that works fine on laptop version Win10 and Outlook, but the phone refuses to accept it as "ok" and issues the warning message on each e-mail synch.

It's more than annoying, as if there is really an issue we actually won't be able to say when messages are not coming and going, because the error is signaled all the time.Beyond the obvious malfunction, it seems Microsoft is deaf and blind to the fact that many people have the issue, and I've found nothing througout their "help(less)" support pages to fix it ...

lundi 23 janvier 2017 16:52
  • Open your phone's date and time settings and verify that the settings are correct.

Serious? Changing the time will trigger an e-mail account settings to mismatch?

Well, I did check, for the sake of it, and as time settings are on "automatic" mode they're defined by the cellphone network, which is presumed to be correct.

Now what ???

mardi 24 janvier 2017 15:08

Well you don't have to be because it's already been fixed.  It was fixed in a phone update, not app update.

Dear 'saleaway',

It's been many months since you've mentioned Windows mobile build 10586.107 update had "fixed" this issue, but...

... I'm on build 14393.693, phone system says it's up to date, and the problem is still here!!
    Where did the magic come from in your case? It didn't work on my Win10 XL950 phone, though...

mardi 24 janvier 2017 15:13
  • Still not fixed.

My Lumia 950 does this intermittently. (But this may be due to the fact that the phone has consistently reset itself multiple times on a daily basis since late spring/early summer 2016)

I did find a fix to all the issue's though. Buy a different phone.

It seems that the very best solutions so far come from frustrated customers, as Microsoft "play dead" instead of trying to make progress...

Joe_No was sincere in his wording, but the action I'll follow is that from 'somethingbrite' quoted above: (not-good) bye 950XL, hello Pixel (and Google did not even had to buy a cellphone maker!) !!!!!

I'm closing for good my presence in this forum, as the Nokia/Lumia/Microsoft phone and its non-performing Winterface go all down the sink together...

vendredi 3 février 2017 07:55
  • Temporarily allow or deny access to apps using older security sigh in. While I don't recommend granting access to apps that use a less secure sign method, you can temporarily choose to allow access to them for the time being. Go to "Account security" settings. Select ALLOW APPS THAT USE LESS SECURE SIGN IN Deselect the undesired app.   This will stop the pop up, "account settings out of date". A. Brian Jones a.brian@hotmail.com 4/30/2017
    dimanche 30 avril 2017 22:51
  • Temporarily allow or deny access to apps using older security sigh in. While I don't recommend granting access to apps that use a less secure sign method, you can temporarily choose to allow access to them for the time being. Go to "Account security" settings. Select ALLOW APPS THAT USE LESS SECURE SIGN IN Deselect the undesired app.   This will stop the pop up, "account settings out of date".
    dimanche 30 avril 2017 23:04
  • I have the same problem on a Windows 10 laptop.  It is kept up to date.  This is still happening as of 7/26/2017.  I am not sure if my case is related to it being an exchange account (Office 365) or the fact that it is a business account and I also have a personal account with the same email address.  Either way, it is annoying getting this reminder every hour.
    mercredi 26 juillet 2017 14:11
  • Workaround for Windows Phone, especially if you have this bug after a password change on Office365, tested on 950XL:

Settings ->Accounts -> Access work or school -> Connect

use new credentials and it should fix password.

• Proposé comme réponse LukeSJohnson mercredi 22 novembre 2017 12:58
    mercredi 22 novembre 2017 12:57
  • How about Desktop PC , it happen all most a year on my Desktop running windows 10 . It is frustrated and annoying with a notification almost every 30 minutes or frequently . Date and time are all correctly set .

What is the root cause ? meanwhile I don't use live account as main account now. Who going to answer me and other few thousand or event more user about this issue.

mercredi 6 décembre 2017 10:45
  • It is not the phone or the build bu Luke nailed it with it being work or school connection.
    vendredi 5 janvier 2018 01:53
  • Still no solution to this problem?  I have tried the suggestions listed.

jeudi 11 juillet 2019 18:15
  • So frustrating! There's no way to kill it. Windows 10 support is a JOKE! I am annoyed every few minutes by "notification" about accounts out of sync. So freaking stupid!!!

jeudi 14 novembre 2019 23:23