none
Screen keeps dimming when changing from light pages to dark pages. Tried disabling adaptive brightness...still keeps dimming. RRS feed

• Question

• I Have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Intel Pentium. When I go from light pages to dark pages, the screen always dims. When i go back to the light pages, the screen will light up again. I have tried disabling adaptive brightness, but that did not help. I also tried disabling Sensor monitoring service, but the screen still keeps dimming. I also tried playing with the power options in the Graphics Options of the computer. Still keeps dimming. It would be great if someone can help me out with this problem. Thanks
    mercredi 14 janvier 2015 14:34

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

This is power feature of Intel or AMD. If you dislike it, disable it by this setting:

For Intel
    The exact layout of Intel's options may vary from system to system
    Intel system tray icon > Graphics Properties > Power > On Battery > Display Power Saving Technology

For AMD
    Open the Catalyst Control Center (search for "CCC" in start, choose CCC - Advanced) > Graphics > Power Play >

Enable Vari-Bright checkbox.

Note:The exact layout of Intel's options may vary from system to system. For more detailed information, I recommend you ask the corresponding hardware manufacturer's technical support for help.

In addition, this thread also could be as reference:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/brightness-automatically-adjusts-with-background/316a32e0-7413-4eb0-b80b-fe17b6599920

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

jeudi 15 janvier 2015 06:24
    Modérateur
  • Thanks for the response.

Will this stop the automatic brightness changes even when my laptop is plugged in? I currently have my laptop plugged in and charging, but the display is still dimming when opening dark pages, and brightening when moving back to bright white pages.

Thanks again!

vendredi 16 janvier 2015 00:03
  • So I was sure I was going to have to return the laptop I just bought; however, if you go into "Device Manager", go to "Display Adapters" and update your graphics card you might just get lucky as I did. Good luck. 
    lundi 5 août 2019 08:17