none
"CX_Freeze: Python error in main script" at start up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Every time we start a Lenovo laptop that is installed with Windows 10 Home edition (and is also updated with the latest updates), at the start up, 3 error message prompts. 2 av them with this title (see the link):

CX_Freeze: Python error in main script

And the other error prompt has title System settings changed.

Your hardware settings have changed. Please reboot your computer for these changes to take effect.

Please advise.

mardi 27 décembre 2016 23:13

Toutes les réponses

• Hi Farr A,

Have you installed "Python" on the machine?

According to the error messages, it seems that the issue is related to the "Python".
    We could try to disable the "startup" option of "Python" from task manager. Disable all the Python services options from "msconfig"(choose "Services", tick "hide all Microsoft services").
    Or we could try to uninstall it completely.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

mercredi 28 décembre 2016 03:19
    Modérateur
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

No, no one has installed any Python on the computer.

As a matter of facts, there are another family with a Windows 10 Pro edition that receive the same error at startup of their computer. This computer is not Lenovo.

I think the error comes from an Microsoft update or maybe something in the latest Window 10 (Anniversary edition). Because both these computer runs Window 10 Anniversary edition.

As you see, in the error message, there is a link to "C:\atomdep\Python35. . ." but there isn't any "atomdep" directory under C:\.

• Modifié Farr A mercredi 28 décembre 2016 20:25
    mercredi 28 décembre 2016 20:24
  • Hi Farr A,

To ensure the safety of the system, please perform a full scan with the antivirus software in safe mode.

Use the Autoruns tool to check for any suspicious entry.
    Autoruns for Windows v13.62
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

vendredi 30 décembre 2016 07:37
    Modérateur
  • Might be Malware.Sality 
    Or did you willingly install a software named "Raptr"?
    vendredi 30 décembre 2016 11:29
  • Hi,

No, both computers are owned by the family that reading emails, paying bills etc. No gaming or unusual use of the the computers.

/F
    vendredi 30 décembre 2016 11:32
  • Thank you for your reply.

I will be able to try your solution at the beginning of February since I have not access to these computers until the owners are back.

I'm sure that the error comes from an application or update that's been created by Microsoft using Python.

/F 
    vendredi 30 décembre 2016 11:36
  • After reading this I checked and found that I had Raptr as an App on my computer

I uninstalled Raptr, problem fixed. Thanks so much for your help :)

dimanche 15 avril 2018 03:09