none
Error installing agents Microsoft Azure Backup Server v2 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Microsoft Azure Backup Server v2 in a Windows Server 2016 OS.

When I try to install the agent in a server I received the following error:

Install protection agent on myServer.mydomain.com failed:
    Error 346: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from myServer.mydomain.com.
    Error details: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed
    Recommended action: Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is started. If the firewall is turned on, on myServer.mydomain.com make sure that an exception for WMI is created.

The firewall on both machine are off. I verified all services and they are started. 

I installed the agent manually in some servers but the Microsoft Azure Backup Sever Console doesn.t detect the servers that have the agent installed. What happend with this? Thanks for any help.

mardi 19 juin 2018 14:45

Réponses

• Housekeeping - closing old post.

<snip>
    I installed the agent manually in some servers but the Microsoft Azure Backup Sever Console doesn.t detect the servers that have the agent installed.
    >snip<

It's a two step process when installing the agent manually.

Step1)  Run the DPMAgentInstaller.exe mabservername on the protected server.
                -or-  Run DPMAgentInstaller.exe without servername, then run Setdpmserver -dpmservername mabservername

Step2) On the MABS Server, use the "Attach agents" option or run the Attach-productionserver.ps1 script to make the connection. 

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

vendredi 3 janvier 2020 21:18
    Modérateur