none
Windows 7 BSOD 0x0000007E when starting XP Mode RRS feed

• שאלה

• When I attempt to start the virtual environment it attempts to start then I get

*** STOP: 0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0xF78C0211,0xF7C8A6F8, 0xF7C8A3F4)

I saved the existing VHD file, VMCX file and VMC file.

I totally uninstalled the Windows XP Mode installation and the Virtual PC installation and then reinstalled both of them.

Same error occurs.

I need help.

Thank you for your assistance.

יום שלישי 25 יוני 2019 03:17

כל התגובות

• Hi KnowALittle.

The 0x0000007E (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch; the value "0xC0000005" (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION) of the first parameter indicates that a memory access violation occurred.
    Do you have any other virtualization program installed?
    Upload the .DMP file created by Windows to your OneDrive, make it publicly available and post the URL here, so we can analyze it and try to suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• נערך על-ידי Luigi BrunoMVP יום שלישי 25 יוני 2019 08:11
    יום שלישי 25 יוני 2019 08:11
  • Luigi,

In the c:\windows\Minidump directory there are no files.

Do I need to reset something to get it to create it?

I have no other virtualization program installed.

-KnowALittle

יום שלישי 25 יוני 2019 16:33
  • Luigi,

Further information. I do have system logging enabled for the memory dump but it created no memory dump.

-KnowALittle

יום שלישי 25 יוני 2019 16:40
  • Luigi,

In the c:\windows\Minidump directory there are no files.

Do I need to reset something to get it to create it?

I have no other virtualization program installed.

-KnowALittle

Check the system configuration (as described at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6302.windows-bugcheck-analysis.aspx#Collecting_Crash_Dump) to verify that your system creates a memory dump file when a bug check occurs.
    Also look in the "System" log of the Windows Event Viewer to see if there's any record related to the bug check that could provide you with more detailed information about the error.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• נערך על-ידי Luigi BrunoMVP יום רביעי 26 יוני 2019 18:46
    יום רביעי 26 יוני 2019 18:46
  • Luigi,

I have not been able to get a memory dump to send you so I was wondering if I was to totally reinstall the virtual environment and attempt to start the virtual environment, again,  after doing so would it work?

To do so I need to save these files: XP mode.vhd, xp mode.vmcx, and xp mode.vmc.

Next remove the virtual environment and reinstall it.

But what do I need to do to have the virtual environment use the prior virtual environment?

Please help.

Thank you for your assistance,

KnowALittle

יום ראשון 30 יוני 2019 17:13