none
Windows server 2016 WSUS errors 10032 and 364 RRS feed

• שאלה

• What steps I need to perform to eliminate this errors?

I have only 1 Wsus installed

I'm new to WSUS, try to explain it to me the easy way please.

• נערך על-ידי QmarkIT יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 08:40
    יום חמישי 18 יולי 2019 08:18

תשובות

• Any chance the errors accured because of downloading over 3k updates at once?

There is this possibility. You might consider rejecting updates that have already been replaced, which may help you reduce the approval of those replaced updates. For reference, you can reject them by the method mentioned in this article: "How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS."

And if I have physical firewall do I need to allow those URLS in his settings? or in the machine firewall?

If the physical firewall you mentioned will prevent the WSUS server from accessing the Microsoft Update site on the Internet, the addresses in the list are required to be accessed at this physical firewall.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי QmarkIT יום שני 29 יולי 2019 09:10
    יום שני 29 יולי 2019 08:06

כל התגובות

• Hi,

If this is the first WSUS server in your environment, you may need to make sure that this server has normal access to Microsoft Update related sites. If there are firewalls in your environment that restrict network access, please make sure that the following article mentions Sites have been allowed to access: "Connection from the WSUS server to the Internet".

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום שישי 19 יולי 2019 02:08
  • Hi,

If this is the first WSUS server in your environment, you may need to make sure that this server has normal access to Microsoft Update related sites. If there are firewalls in your environment that restrict network access, please make sure that the following article mentions Sites have been allowed to access: "Connection from the WSUS server to the Internet".

Regards,
    Yic

Yellow marks are accessible

Circled webs arent

Not sure how to use the webs with the * mark

יום שני 22 יולי 2019 13:48
  • Hi,

The addresses in this list are the location addresses of these URLs, and specific files or pages may contain other field content. If your environment is restricting network access, make sure they are already allowed in the firewall.

In general, event 10032 means that the server is unable to download certain updates, possibly a network connection issue. Event 364 represents Content file download failed, and there may be a problem with file verification. 

You can consider accessing softwareDistribution.log on the WSUS server (usually located in Program Files\Update Services\LogFiles\) to check which files are unverifiable.

Regards,
    Yic

יום שלישי 23 יולי 2019 05:48
  • Hi,

The addresses in this list are the location addresses of these URLs, and specific files or pages may contain other field content. If your environment is restricting network access, make sure they are already allowed in the firewall.

In general, event 10032 means that the server is unable to download certain updates, possibly a network connection issue. Event 364 represents Content file download failed, and there may be a problem with file verification. 

You can consider accessing softwareDistribution.log on the WSUS server (usually located in Program Files\Update Services\LogFiles\) to check which files are unverifiable.

Regards,
    Yic

Any chance the errors accured because of downloading over 3k updates at once?

And if I have physical firewall do I need to allow those URLS in his settings? or in the machine firewall?

יום חמישי 25 יולי 2019 11:41
  • Any chance the errors accured because of downloading over 3k updates at once?

There is this possibility. You might consider rejecting updates that have already been replaced, which may help you reduce the approval of those replaced updates. For reference, you can reject them by the method mentioned in this article: "How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS."

If the physical firewall you mentioned will prevent the WSUS server from accessing the Microsoft Update site on the Internet, the addresses in the list are required to be accessed at this physical firewall.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי QmarkIT יום שני 29 יולי 2019 09:10
    יום שני 29 יולי 2019 08:06