none
How to clean install W10 PRO from Windows 8 Enterprise RRS feed

• שאלה

• Hi! I have purchased a W10 PRO retail license and I want to clean install it. I have now Windows 8 Enterprise and that's why I want to do a clean install. I couldn't access my BIOS by using keys F12, etc...and I learned that I should access from Settings/Change PC settings...the thing is I don't know how to continue to perfoem a clean install. It's the 1st I'll be doing this and I need help with the steps I need to follow.

I have already created a booteable USB with the ISO from W10 and have 2 partitions in my computer, 1 with all my files I want to keep and the other where I want to clean install W10.

I'd appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,

Andrea

יום רביעי 21 אוקטובר 2015 22:36

תשובות

• Hi AndreaCrog,

If you want to boot from the USB, we may need to change the BIOS configurations(different model may use different key to boot into BIOS, pay attention to the device manufacturer logo screen).

We should choose format the drive which we want to install the Windows 10 Pro to and choose "custom" install.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום חמישי 22 אוקטובר 2015 07:01
    מנחה דיון

כל התגובות

• Boot from the win 10 ISO and format the drive

The fastest way to get the upgrade is to download the ISO.  An ISO is like a dvd so to use it you will need to right click>mount.  Start the upgrade from within windows.

WARNING:  DO NOT USE THESE TO DO A CLEAN INSTALL (until after you have already updated).  If you do you will not be able to activate it unless you have previously upgraded to win 10 and activated it.  You then will be forced to re-install your previous OS before upgrading to win 10

Warning Running the media creation tool may prevent you from rolling back to a previous OS

The Official Final Windows 10 download is now available

Use the download tool to create ISO media to update your windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Use Download Tool Now (32bit version)
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935

Use Download Tool Now (64bit version)
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

יום רביעי 21 אוקטובר 2015 23:27
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi AndreaCrog,

If you want to boot from the USB, we may need to change the BIOS configurations(different model may use different key to boot into BIOS, pay attention to the device manufacturer logo screen).

We should choose format the drive which we want to install the Windows 10 Pro to and choose "custom" install.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

יום חמישי 22 אוקטובר 2015 07:01
    מנחה דיון