none
Can I disconnect a bitlocker USB drive that is in a state of Decryption (paused) and attach to another machine? RRS feed

• שאלה

• Can I disconnect a bitlocker USB drive that is in a state of Decryption (paused) and attach to another machine?

The background on this question is that I didn't realize at first that I was plugged in to a USB 1.1 hub and it took over 1 hour just to get to 1% decryption. I've paused the decryption but a tad hesitant to disconnect and plug in to another system. 

יום שישי 06 דצמבר 2013 22:32

תשובות

• Hi,

How about your problem now? Generally speaking, when you encrypt USB drive using Bitlocker, you can pause encryption if you need to remove the device for some reason. If you don't do so, you could damage or lose files stored on the device.

If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Roger LuModerator יום שני 23 דצמבר 2013 15:09
    יום חמישי 19 דצמבר 2013 03:01
    מנחה דיון
  • Hello,

Pausing the decryption and removing the drive and attaching to another host seemed to work fine. 

Thanks. 

יום חמישי 19 דצמבר 2013 16:49

כל התגובות

• Hi,

How about your problem now? Generally speaking, when you encrypt USB drive using Bitlocker, you can pause encryption if you need to remove the device for some reason. If you don't do so, you could damage or lose files stored on the device.

If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Windows related issue, let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

יום חמישי 19 דצמבר 2013 03:01
    מנחה דיון
  • Hello,

Pausing the decryption and removing the drive and attaching to another host seemed to work fine. 

Thanks. 

יום חמישי 19 דצמבר 2013 16:49
  • Hi, I'm one of the Microsoft Windows users. I used the BitLocker service and during a fluctuation, my hard drive is locked 

and I have no recovery key. Please, if possible, you have received the recovery keys with MAC IP WIFI: 00-00-00-00-00-00-

00-E0 and MAC IP LAN: A0-2B-B8-52-8A-75 for me or to My account or email address: nouralshohada@gmail.com. Meanwhile, I 

have two transceivers of external hard drives, one of which is locked. Send me the BitLocker retrieval key on these two MAC 

addresses .

שבת 15 יולי 2017 18:48
  • sir i may have a problem i accidentally pull out my external while decrypting and now i can't open my external and it is only showing that it needs format. What should I do I still have important files in it?

יום שישי 18 אוקטובר 2019 13:14