none
Vista HP 32bit upgrade to Win7 Professional 64bit RRS feed

• שאלה

• I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64bit with an UPGRADE disk. Is this possible or do I need to buy the full version and then wipe the hard drive and basically start all over again?

Thanks
    יום שלישי 24 נובמבר 2009 20:00

תשובות

• I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional 64bit with an UPGRADE disk. Is this possible or do I need to buy the full version and then wipe the hard drive and basically start all over again?

Thanks
    Hi

You can use the 64-bit upgrade disk, but you will be required to back up all of your important files, perform a Custom (clean) install, and reinstall all of the software programs.

It's not possible to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit without performing a clean install.

Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (custom installation)

Hope this helps,

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • הוצע כתשובה על-ידי Ronnie VernonMVP, Moderator יום שלישי 24 נובמבר 2009 23:04
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Domqwerty יום רביעי 25 נובמבר 2009 07:35
    יום שלישי 24 נובמבר 2009 23:02
    מנחה דיון

כל התגובות

Thanks
    Hi

You can use the 64-bit upgrade disk, but you will be required to back up all of your important files, perform a Custom (clean) install, and reinstall all of the software programs.

It's not possible to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit without performing a clean install.

Upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (custom installation)

Hope this helps,

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • הוצע כתשובה על-ידי Ronnie VernonMVP, Moderator יום שלישי 24 נובמבר 2009 23:04
    • סומן כתשובה על-ידי Domqwerty יום רביעי 25 נובמבר 2009 07:35
    יום שלישי 24 נובמבר 2009 23:02
    מנחה דיון
  • Thats brilliant, thanks
    יום רביעי 25 נובמבר 2009 07:32