none
Stop replication of a dag member temporarily RRS feed

• שאלה

• I’ll give you a brief description of my situation. There are three members in a DAG group, let’s calling them A, B and C. The database is actually mounted on A.

My question is how to stop B from replicating and synchronizing of A? Meanwhile C still keeps working as a copy to synchronize replication.

יום שני 18 נובמבר 2019 14:43

תשובות

• Hi Hanal,

As far as I know, Exchange does not have built-in functionality to temporarily stop replication of dag members.

If you only need to pause replication, you can re-add it to the dag and add a copy of the database to this server.

Command for adding the server into DAG

Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -Identity <DAG Name> -MailboxServer <Server Name>

Add a copy of the database to this server

Add-MailboxDatabaseCopy -Identity <Database Name> -MailboxServer <Server Name>

In addition, although the server can be temporarily shut down to stop the replication, this will make the replication queue too long (that is, the number of log files waiting to be copied is too large), which may result in log replication or synchronization failure.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Hanal_ יום שלישי 19 נובמבר 2019 13:42
    יום שלישי 19 נובמבר 2019 03:07

כל התגובות

• I’ll give you a brief description of my situation. There are three members in a DAG group, let’s calling them A, B and C. The database is actually mounted on A.

My question is how to stop B from replicating and synchronizing of A? Meanwhile C still keeps working as a copy to synchronize replication.

Suspend replication of those databases on that server.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/high-availability/manage-ha/suspend-resume-db-copies?view=exchserver-2019

יום שני 18 נובמבר 2019 15:28
    מנחה דיון
  • Hi Hanal,

As far as I know, Exchange does not have built-in functionality to temporarily stop replication of dag members.

If you only need to pause replication, you can re-add it to the dag and add a copy of the database to this server.

Command for adding the server into DAG

Add-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupServer -Identity <DAG Name> -MailboxServer <Server Name>

Add a copy of the database to this server

In addition, although the server can be temporarily shut down to stop the replication, this will make the replication queue too long (that is, the number of log files waiting to be copied is too large), which may result in log replication or synchronization failure.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Hanal_ יום שלישי 19 נובמבר 2019 13:42
    יום שלישי 19 נובמבר 2019 03:07
  • I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post so that other forum members could easily find useful information here:

[Stop replication of a dag member temporarily— Summary]

Issue Symptom:

Background: DAG group has member A, B, C. The database is actually mounted on A.

Question: How to stop B from replicating and synchronizing of A, meanwhile C still keeps working as a copy to synchronize replication.

Solution:

Exchange does not have built-in functionality to temporarily stop replication of DAG members.

Command for adding the server into DAG:

Add a copy of the database to this server:

יום ראשון 24 נובמבר 2019 08:15