none
windows explorer crashs RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• hi,

i am running xp pro on a 8085-33u machine. it been quite a while that i have a problem with my windows.

everytime when i right click on my c:\ or d:\ drives i got an error message:

"windows explorer has encountered a problem and need to be close. sory for any inconvinience" and there is a send/don't send bottom. if i click on anyone of them, the screen will restart (not the computer) and the windows browser will close. however, if i choose to leave the popup in background then i can continue using the pc.

my pc is running with the latest windows update from microsoft.

I have tried many methods which i found from different forums but didn't seem to work. some of the stuff i did was shellexview, hijackthis program, disk clean up and delete all cookies+internet temp. defragment, un/reinstall IE7, cclearner, and upgrade to sp3.

your suggestion and comments is deeply appriciated.

thank you

Phi

Rabu, 15 Oktober 2008 14.42

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• Along with send and dont send error report, you will also see more items and "what data this error report contain?"

Click on that, and let me know the appname and modname along with their versions?

You might have to exclude explorer.exe to the DEP, but that wont be recommended, so gimme the info and we will take further from there

Rabu, 15 Oktober 2008 20.46
  • hi,

i am not sure if this is what you need.

Error signature:

AppName: explorer.exe    AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512   ModName: unknown

ModVer: 0.0.0.0   Offset: 20204940

and, in the Error Report Contents, it has somany stuff in there that i cannot copy and paste.

i think it will take ages to write it down, so, i am not sure if that is what you need,

anyway, here is a quick start of it,

cpu vendor code: 756e6547 - 49656e69 - 6c65746e

cpu version: 00000f41   cpu feature code: bfebfbff

module 1

explorer.exe

images base: 0x01000000  image size: 0x000000000

checksum: 0x00102b2c  time stamp: 0x48025c30

version information

signature: feef04bd

stucver: 00010000

filever: (6.0:2900.5512)

prodver: (6.0:2900.5512)

flagmask: 0000003f

flags: 0000000

included in that Error Report Contents is the following files will be included in this error report:

c:\docume~1\admini~1\locals~1\temp\905_appcompat.txt

thanks again.

Rabu, 15 Oktober 2008 21.07
  • Try the following steps:

1. Check Partition

Check if you have different partition type on your hard disk? It should be either NTFS or FAT for all the hard drives.

You can check by right clicking on my computer and then manage, click on disk management and check the partition for all the drives, you can see if its NTFS or FAT?

2. Clean Boot

Try to boot your computer in a clean mode, and see if you are still facing the same issue?

Go to start>run, type MSconfig, hit enter. Then click on Services, put a check on hide all microsoft services, then disable all. Now click on start-up and click on disable all. Click on Apply then OK. Restart the computer and check if you are still having the same issue.

3. When did this problem start?

After installing any update/software/driver/codec? Also Check the following links:

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320563

4.Turn OFF DEP

Go the the properties of my computer, then click on advanced and setting under performance. Now click on Data Execution Prevention, click on the 2nd option and then click on Add. Browse to C:\Windows and add explorer.exe.

Check if that helps for the issue.

5. System Restore

Click on CTRL-ALT-DEL to ignite the "Task Manager"
    Click on "File" then "New Task(Run)"
    Type %SystemRoot%\System32\Restore\Rstrui.exe
    On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next .
    On the Select a Restore Point page, click the system checkpoint.
    On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration and then restarts the computer.
    Log on to the computer. When the System Restore confirmation page appears, click OK.

6. Explorer.exe reset
    Start the computer and then press "CTRL-ALT-DEL" to ignite the "Task Manager".
    Click on "File" then "New Task(Run)"
    Type iexplore.exe
    Click OK
    Copy and Paste this on the address bar of Internet Explorer http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm
    Press Enter on the keyboard
    When site is open please scroll down and locate "Windows Explorer shell fix"
    Click on "Download" button
    Click "Open" on the pop-up window.
    Select the necessary program(should be WINZIP or WINRAR) on your computer to open/run the file.
    Follow prompts to accomplish opening and running the program.
    The program will reset "Explorer.exe" to default.
    Restart the computer and see if the problem is gone.

Kamis, 16 Oktober 2008 02.16
  • nope,

no luck. i tried everything. i did a windows repair too.

what now?

thanks again.

Phi

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh ersni Senin, 27 Juni 2011 01.41
    Kamis, 16 Oktober 2008 16.57
  • yaaaa. it got fixxx.

after so much works, help and support from everyonem the problem is finally fixed.

the problem caused by two conflic software i have in my system. one is nero and the other is burning omega.

thus, i removed omega and magiclly it went back to normal again...

i am really appriciate about your help and efforts.

Phi

Kamis, 16 Oktober 2008 17.53
  • Glad to hear that the issue is fixed,

Mark it as the answer if the issue stands resolved.

Kamis, 16 Oktober 2008 18.55
  • #6 worked for me.  Thanks
    Kamis, 22 Juli 2010 04.01
  • Thank you admin good article. Good job.

web tasarım blog ferforje

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh ersni Senin, 27 Juni 2011 01.42
    Kamis, 22 Juli 2010 12.01
  • i dont understand this?

i tried trafik sigortası

this is good. thanks for this.
    Senin, 27 Juni 2011 01.43
  • i need information.beacuse i don't understand

Thank you

Boks
    Jumat, 29 Juli 2011 15.44
  • You have been very helpful. Thank you. What do you think about this website? Çikolata Gönder
    Senin, 04 November 2019 11.26