none
Windows 7 upgrade from 32bit to 64bit RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• hi,

i am having a 32bit windows 7 professional pc.I want to upgrade it to 64bit.My pc is capable to upgrade to 64 bit.I dont have the cd of the windows 7 professional.But i know the product key because i haved saved it in my documents.can u plz tell me how can i upgrade this 32bit pc to 64bit with my product key.

Jumat, 27 Juli 2018 08.23

Semua Balasan

• Hi Pratik Pol.

A 32 bit operating system cannot be upgraded to a 64 bit one: you need to perform a clean installation (which implies you've already executed a full backup of your data, that will be restored after completing the OS' installation) of the 64 bit OS and you need to have 64 bit drivers for all the devices you want to use.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Jumat, 27 Juli 2018 09.14
  • Hi Pratik,

No, that's not allowed upgrading path. If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jumat, 27 Juli 2018 09.14
  • Bruno reply is correct...A 64BIT OS can run 32BIT when needed,however a 32BIT cannot operate in 64BIT
    Sabtu, 28 Juli 2018 06.22