none
Windows 10 Pro 1903 host OS freeze with Hyper-V and Windows 7 VM! RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• Please Help!

My PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 and Hyper-V feature freezes around 1-3 minutes after I start VM gen1 with Windows 7!
    My CPU is AMD Ryzen 2400G. I enabled SVM Mode for support virtualization. It's bug on Windows 10 or hardware issue on CPU?
    With Windows 1803 system was work stable.

Senin, 08 Juli 2019 11.40

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Good Day! And thanks for posting in our forum!

Please check if there is any error message in Event Viewer on your host.

Does this happen when all virtual machines are started? You can try booting other virtual machines to see if it works.

In addition, based on my knowledge, It seems that there might be some early adopter issues at this time with Windows 10 1903, if possible, I would recommend you wait a bit until Windows 10 1903 matures with future cumulative updates.

Hope this can help you, please feel free to let me know if you have any other question.

BR,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 09 Juli 2019 02.31
  • Hello, Daniel!

This issue reproduced for me when I install Windows 10 Pro 1809 or 1903, enable Hyper-V feature and install one VM gen 1 with Windows 7 Pro x86! My system have not third party applications. Only OS with drivers from Windows Update or from motherboard support webpage.
    Please, can anybody confirm this issue? Who can test windows 10 + hyper-v on Ryzen 5 2400G?

Selasa, 09 Juli 2019 07.23
  • >> can anybody confirm this issue? Who can test windows 10 + hyper-v on Ryzen 5 2400G?

Sorry , i am afraid that i cannot do this test for you.

Does all the VMs have the same issue on this host?

If you roll back to win 10 1803, did this issue reproduced?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 09 Juli 2019 07.38
  • Hi everyone,

I have exact the same issue. Once I start the VM, my system freezes. It actually doesn't matter what VM I run, docker MobilityVM or Window or Linux, the whole system just freezes and I have to hard reboot it. I don't see any errors in the system events log

Ivan

Selasa, 16 Juli 2019 05.33
  • I think the issue came before updating to 1903, I was running 1809 and some nights updates affected hyper-v. Then I updated to 1903, but the issue is still there

I use Surface Pro 2017. 16 GB RAM, Core i7 7660U

Selasa, 16 Juli 2019 05.37
  • Hello, Danie1zhou

We have more 100+PC with AMD Ryzen 2400G! In All of PC we have this issue!

If I replace CPU to AMD A10-9700 systems works more stable. I can not any freeze with AMD A10-9700 from July 11 to now!

I have answer from AMD Support Team:

Dear Maksim,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200883598]} has been reviewed
    and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your email.

I understand that you are
    experiencing the system instability issue with Hyper-V enabled and that you
    receive an error stating that VBS must be disabled. If this is incorrect,
    please let me know as the information provided may change.<o:p></o:p>

This is currently expected
    behavior, as according to the Ryzen Master Tool's quick reference guide (QRG),
    it mentions "Windows 10 Virtualization-Based Security must be disabled for
    Ryzen Master to function." More information is available on page 8 of the
    QRG > https://download.amd.com/documents/ryzen-master-1.5-quick-reference-guide.pdf

The feedback from our software team
    is that the incompatibility lies with VBS limiting Ryzen Master access to
    specific system resources.

We are currently looking into this
    limitation, but do not have any specific timeline as to when a solution will be
    available.

One workaround is to disable VBS.
    Microsoft have created a document that explains how to disable VBS. Please
    refer to and review the following kb article to decide if you wish to try
    this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/identity-protection/credential-guard/credential-guard-manage

If you have additional questions on
    how to disable VBS, please contact Microsoft directly.

Thanks for contacting AMD.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service
    request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

I do not know anything about VBS. Maybe you can explain what is going on here?
    After all, the virtual machine with Windows 7 is the first-generation virtual machine. These options do not seem to be affected?

Selasa, 16 Juli 2019 15.37
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

For detail information about VBS, please see the official document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/oem-vbs

Microsoft Windows Defender Credential Guard is a security feature that isolates users' login information from the rest of the operating system to prevent theft.

For your issue, because of the incompatibility between your hardware and WDCG, we can only disable WDCG now to see if the problem has been solved.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Cheers,

Daniel

Rabu, 17 Juli 2019 06.09
  • I'm at a dead end. AMD claims that the processors have all the necessary functions to fully support Windows 10. If I use version Windows 10 1803, I don’t see any problems with freezing systems. PCs are stable!
    But after this, a message about the need for an update appears for 1809 and 1903. If I agree or perform a clean installation of 1809 or 1903, then I get the indicated issue! The system hangs when running a virtual machine with Windows 7.
    If I replace the processor with AMD A10-9700, then all versions of Windows 1803, 1809 and 1903 work stably in the same hardware configurations of the computer.
    Do Microsoft experts see the problem in current versions of Windows 10? Is an update being prepared to fix the problem?

Can you help, and specify exactly what I need to turn off in the registry to check for VBS disabled on stability of system?

Rabu, 17 Juli 2019 09.14
  • The solution doesn't work for me... Probably something still causes whole PC freezing.

Kamis, 18 Juli 2019 05.50
  • Have you tried installing Insider Build? I have the same issue, Windows doesn't boot up when I enable Hyper -V. But I haven't tried the Insider Build.
    Sabtu, 27 Juli 2019 11.34
  • Experiencing the same issue with Intel i7 Computer, Windows 10 x64, Hyper-V host: VM Windows 10 x86. Host VM Starts and runs OK, but connecting to the host VM via RDP on the host machine causes the host VM to freeze; needs to be turned off  (hard stop) and rebooted. Process repeats itself again, trying to get in through RDP. 

We use RDP for the copy-and-paste features that are not available through the Hyper-V Manager.

Problems ONLY began after upgrading to W10 v1903.

Senin, 14 Oktober 2019 19.31
  • I had same issue, hosted Win10 VM would freeze on RDP connection or just die after a few hours. The VM had been running perfectly fine until Windows update kicked it in the nadgers again!. 

Very frustrating, Windows o/s and app updates cost me so much time.

The event log had a message "The device Microsoft Remote Display Adapter (location (unknown)) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash.  Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times.  Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem."  

Anyhow after a bit of googling a came across a fix which seems so far to have sorted my problem (touch wood) 

Fraid the forum is not letting me submit the URL to the answer-  which links to a Microsoft site - doh ! 

so you will have to regoogle the answer but the bits from the mangled URL will hopefully get you there - so look for  windows-10-1903-may-update-black-screen-with

Hopefully it will get you to the answer
    Selasa, 15 Oktober 2019 10.35