none
Windows 8 doesn't accept any changes in ip v4 address - reverts to previous setting RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• Hi,

I'm trying to change my laptop ip address from DHCP to manual feed, but as I save it and close the network adapter setting it goes back to DHCP mode again and again. so I uninstall the driver and reinstall again but after windows shut down it again start giving same problem.

please suggest the solution.

regards,

surinder 

Jumat, 24 Januari 2020 06.13

Semua Balasan

• Hi ,

Did you mean that you cannot manually change IP address in the following interface? If you close the properties, the settings will go back to "Obtain an IP address automatically", is it right?

Please feel free to let me know if my understanding is wrong.

Please change your IP address with PowerShell to do a test:

Get-NetIpAddress -InterfaceAlias 'Ethernet 2' | New-NetIpAddress -IpAddress 192.168.1.10 -PrefixLength 24 -DefaultGateway 192.168.1.1

You could run Get-NetIPAddress to get InterfaceAlias and PrefixLength.

For your reference:

How to Change Your IP Address in Windows Using PowerShell

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Senin, 27 Januari 2020 07.00
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Kamis, 30 Januari 2020 03.56
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

Best Regards,

Candy

Kamis, 06 Februari 2020 08.45