none
RDP Won't launch after windows updates RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• Error when trying to launch RDP after windows updates:

Error:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mstsc.exe

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. 

Tried following some articles on technet and other places to sort permissions but it doesn't fix the issue. 

Anyone else having the issue after recent windows updates (particularly January updates). 

Thanks

Stephen

Jumat, 19 Januari 2018 13.10

Jawaban

• Thanks for replying. I did try all of that, however, when I have come into work this morning, it turned out that our Antivirus application policies had decided to revert back to default settings, and RDC was being blocked.

Panic averted!

Thanks again for your reply though. 

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Stephen_Clark Senin, 22 Januari 2018 09.21
    Senin, 22 Januari 2018 09.21

Semua Balasan

• Ran sfc /scannow and result are coming back stating the following:

Cannot repair member file [l:29]'Remote Desktop Connection.lnk' of Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-TerminalServicesClient, version 10.0.16299.15, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

(this is just a small section of the log)

Causing massive issues.

Jumat, 19 Januari 2018 13.59
  • Tried the following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Didn't resolve the issue.

Jumat, 19 Januari 2018 15.48
  • Hi,

Please try to refer to following link to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file.

Note: You may be able to get a known good copy of the system file from another computer that is running the same version of Windows with your computer.

Here is link.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Senin, 22 Januari 2018 09.00
  • Thanks for replying. I did try all of that, however, when I have come into work this morning, it turned out that our Antivirus application policies had decided to revert back to default settings, and RDC was being blocked.

Panic averted!

Thanks again for your reply though. 

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Stephen_Clark Senin, 22 Januari 2018 09.21
    Senin, 22 Januari 2018 09.21
  •  

Im glad to hear that your issue had been solved.

As always, if you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 23 Januari 2018 01.37