none
prohibit rearranging desktop icons RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• I work for a school district and I am trying to find a way to prohibit the younger elementary students from moving the icons around on the Windows 10 Pro desktop. The computers are set to automatically login into the same AD account. I have found a Group Policies that prevent moving the taskbar, changing the window color and appearance, and prevents changing the icon image. Is there a way to prevent moving the icons around in the grid? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Senin, 16 Juli 2018 15.37

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

There is no such method to prohibit rearranging desktop icons.

However, you can set a mandatory user profile for the domain user.

A mandatory user profile is a special type of pre-configured roaming user profile that administrators can use to specify settings for users. With mandatory user profiles, a user can modify his or her desktop, but the changes are not saved when the user logs off. The next time the user logs on, the mandatory user profile created by the administrator is downloaded.

How to set a mandatory user profile:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/mandatory-user-profile

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 17 Juli 2018 06.24
  • If you have any problems, please feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 02.09