none
Possible audio latency issues due to acpi.sys RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• Hello, I use Vista to run the digital DJ program, Traktor. While I've never had any latency issues before, they recently started cropping up and I ran LatencyMon to see where the problem could be. It appears that the problem may be the service, acpi.sys, as it had the highest execution of 1.2, which is fairly high. I've tried using Process Explorer and entering into the BIOS to turn off acpi.sys, but wasn't able to. Is there really any way of disable this service?

Thank you.

Kamis, 02 Juni 2011 08.49

Jawaban

• Thank you for your response.

If clean install did not make any difference, it may be due to faulty hardware or driver. It is suggested to take it to repair shop for testing.

Reinstalling chipset driver or resetting BIOS could be under consideration.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Rabu, 08 Juni 2011 05.58

Semua Balasan

• Bump.
    Jumat, 03 Juni 2011 06.24
  • Hi,

As this issue did not occur before, system restore can be under consideration.

To disable the feature, you can also go to Device Manager, expand System Devices.

This issue can occur due to hardware or software conflictions. Let us try the steps below to narrow down the cause of the issue. Please check if we can boot in Win7 normally:

Device Clean Boot
    ==============
    In this situation, your system will only have the basic hardware devices and it should be more stable. If it is inconvenient to unplug the devices, we can disable them in Device Manager. Please refer to the following steps:

1. Click "Start", type "DEVMGMT.MSC" in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".
    3. Right click on your Sound Card, select "Properties"
    4. Click "Driver" tab, click Disable (Disable the selected device). Click OK
    5. Please use the same method to disable other hardware such as: Modem, network card, CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.
    6. Please restart the computer. Can we boot in Windows Vista properly? If so, please continue prepare a clean boot to troubleshoot.

Clean Boot prevents software conflicts by preventing the startup items and non Microsoft services from loading. This way you can safely follow the process of elimination to check which application is causing this behavior.

Refer:
    How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Selasa, 07 Juni 2011 06.46
  • Hello, thank you for the reply. I just performed a complete clean boot and the problem still persists. Any other suggestions?
    Rabu, 08 Juni 2011 00.16
  • Thank you for your response.

If clean install did not make any difference, it may be due to faulty hardware or driver. It is suggested to take it to repair shop for testing.

Reinstalling chipset driver or resetting BIOS could be under consideration.

Regards,

Rabu, 08 Juni 2011 05.58
  • hello, im having the same problem as you using traktor, did you ever sort it out, any help would be much appreciated, using vista traktor scratch pro and having latancy problems, ran latancymon and acpi.sys is high and also usbport.sys high thanks
    Kamis, 23 Februari 2012 19.50
  • I just ran into this thread will searching for the exact same issue (acpi.sys causing latency issues with usb audio) and I wanted to mention that this is indeed a real and reproducible issue. As soon as I disabled the ACPI compliant battery method crap in Device Manager everything started to work fine. Now this is in Win7 (32bit Home). Its a Lenovo SL410 laptop and I am using the M-audio C400 interface.

This needs to be acknowledged by Microsoft and fixed! This issue basically renders a usb mobile audio workstation useless! People using USB audio are usually aware of the latency issues other things can cause (shared IRQs, buffers, shared hubs, etc..) but this is not very intuitive. LatencyMon also identified ACPI.SYS has having the most latency.

If this helps anything - the stutter/dropouts are spaced exactly apart - for me it happened every 14-15 seconds very faithfully.

Please fix this!!

• Diedit oleh P_F_M Senin, 03 Desember 2012 16.25
    Senin, 03 Desember 2012 16.23
  • Wow 2 years from the last time I posted and still struggling with this issue and still Microsoft has not fixed this. Tthis is a disaster for anyone using USB audio interfaces. This is why people choose iOS for audio/video applications. I should have known.
    Selasa, 30 Desember 2014 02.31
  • 4 years later, It still hasn't been fixed.
    Rabu, 18 Juli 2018 16.47