none
AD restructure RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• Hi.

I need restructure Active Directory from one domain to two unrelated domains in different forests.

Now i have 2 domain controller on Windows Server 2012.

I want to use new domain in functional level forest Windows 2012R2 or high. Maybe forest level Windows 2019.

How i can migrate all object from current domain to new domain using ADMT, given my need??

Which operating system should I use for the domain controller of the new domain with functional forest level Windows 2019?

Senin, 21 Oktober 2019 14.10

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• ADMT may be what you're looking for.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56570

Server 2019 did not introduce new functional levels. 2016 is still the highest level. The two prerequisites to introducing the first 2019 domain controller are that domain functional level needs to be 2008 or higher and older sysvol FRS replication needs to have been migrated to DFSR
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Storage-at-Microsoft/Streamlined-Migration-of-FRS-to-DFSR-SYSVOL/ba-p/425405

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Senin, 21 Oktober 2019 15.34
  • Thanks about functional levels.

ADMT system requerements:

• Target domain: The target domain must be running Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.
    • Source domain: The source domain must be running Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2.

How can I use ADMT on a Windows Server 2019, which is the domain controller of the target domain?

No way to migrate AD object using ADMT tool beetween Windows Server 2012 domain controller of the source domain to Windows Server 2019 domain controller of the target domain?

Migration can be succesfully complete only on Windows Server 2012 R2 domain controller of the target domain?

Senin, 21 Oktober 2019 18.54
  • Hi,

I've seen successful migrations done by ADMT 3.2 for migrating to Windows Server 2016 domain controllers, even if it's not listed in the system requirements.

Active Directory 2016 and 2019 are more or less the same What’s new in Active Directory 2019? Nothing.

Best would be to try in a test environment first.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Senin, 21 Oktober 2019 19.03
  • Some options; many users have had success using ADMT and Server 2016, so you could test with 2016 or 2019 domain controllers, or another option, if you wanted to be on the cautious side, is to use 2012 R2 initially, then after migration is complete you can stand up the 2019 domain controllers.

(please don't forget to mark helpful replies as answer)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Senin, 21 Oktober 2019 19.05
  • Hi,

Please remember mark all the useful replies as answer, it would be helpful to anyone who encounters similar issues.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 22 Oktober 2019 10.19
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jumat, 25 Oktober 2019 08.36