none
Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 app reset at startup RRS feed

• Pertanyaan

• I just installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 from our SCCM image onto a Lenovo Carbon X1 Yoga (4th gen).  Then I immediately upgraded it to 1903. After all of the latest windows updates installed (along with updates for Office 2016 Plus 64bit), the apps now reset at every boot-up. Mail reverts to Mail, Default Browser becomes Edge, PDF's default to Edge. The only know app I am aware of that causes this issue is Winzip older than 18 on Windows 10.  Anyone know of a permanent fix for this, or maybe some registry hacks to try and resolve this?  I prefer not to try a clean install as there are programs that install through the Task Sequence that I cannot manually install. 
    Jumat, 16 Agustus 2019 15.26

Semua Balasan

• Mail reverts to Mail, Default Browser becomes Edge, PDF's default to Edge.

Actually these are all the default apps of Windows 10. 

But you can easily customize to your preferred ones. I suggest you to perform clean boot and check, may be a third party application is causing this issue.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Sabtu, 17 Agustus 2019 13.24
  • Thanks for your reply.  I went ahead and performed the clean boot, but the apps all reverted back to the default Windows 10 apps anyway.  I am setting it for Outlook 2016 as default mail, Chrome as default browser and Acrobat Reader 2019 as default for PDF files.  After bootup, setting these to the default is easy, but I have to do it every time I reboot and I dont wish to do this.  The software and apps on this PC are nearly identical to a Lenovo T-460 I use and do not have the issue on that PC.  I dont think its third party app related.  I am hoping there is a registry key somewhere I can change so I do not have to change the default apps to the ones I prefer upon every reboot.
    Minggu, 18 Agustus 2019 02.43
  • Hi,

Based on my research, Windows would reset the associations to the default ones if some incompatibility found between the apps installed keeping the association and the system.

You'd better keep all the external application versions installed compatible with the Windows build you have.

Since you have mentioned WinZip, switched to the latest version of WinZip(23.0) may solve this problem.

In addition, here are some posts with the similar issue with yours, just for your reference, you can try the method mentioned in them:

https://superuser.com/questions/1022063/windows-10-default-programs-keep-changing

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Hope this can help you. If the reply is useful, please help to mark it as an answer.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Selasa, 20 Agustus 2019 07.34
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Kamis, 22 Agustus 2019 06.45
  • So far nothing has worked. It just started happening to another similar new laptop I just built. So it may be something I am doing or installing.  I am going to try that third party app and see if it resolves the issues
    Jumat, 23 Agustus 2019 16.09
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting current situation.

I understand that the issue brought some trouble to you. Sorry for all these inconvenience.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Selasa, 27 Agustus 2019 06.04