none
Windows 10 Hyper-V remote management RRS feed

• Domanda

• Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so I'm not sure if this is the right category.

I am a IT student and use Hyper-V on my laptop and desktop, I would like to remote manage the virtual machines so I can easily use my laptop vm's.

I've tried a lot of tutorials, but none seem to be working. This is the error I get all the time:

"An error occurred while attempting to connect to server 192.168.1.3. Check that the virtual machine management service is running and that you are authorized to connect to the server"

I use both my desktop and laptop in a workgroup enviroment and have them connected over LAN. My desktop being 192.168.1.2 (DAVID-DESKTOP) and  my laptop 192.168.1.3 (DAVID-LAPTOP)

• I have added my desktop to TrustedHosts and vice versa if that is needed 
    • I have the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Machine Management service running on the laptop 
    • I have cmdkey from my laptop in my desktop, is that correct? I have added both the IP and hostname, it didn't work either way.
    • I have disabled the firewall on my laptop and desktop while testing this

I am not yet allowed to insert links/images, so they will come soon (I hope)

So with having tried all the above options, what am I doing wrong?

mercoledì 5 luglio 2017 21:15

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

You may need to enable WinRM to get Windows 10 Hyper-V Management to connect to a Hyper-V server. The server is stand-alone so also needed to add it as a trusted WinRM host.

This article although for PowerShell remote does cover WinRM:

Enable and Use Remote Commands in Windows PowerShell

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff700227.aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

giovedì 6 luglio 2017 05:29
    Moderatore
  • Hi Tao,

Thanks for your response.

I typed the command "get-service winrm" and it is indeed running.

giovedì 6 luglio 2017 08:29
  • What OSes are you using for both?  Windows 8 or Windows 10?

You're in the Win8 group, but your title says Win10.

Mixing generations of Hyper-V doesn't always work too well with regards to remote management.

giovedì 6 luglio 2017 21:46
  • I don't know why this post is in the Win8 group.

Both my laptop and desktop are on Windows 10 Education 64bit, version 1703, build 15063.413

venerdì 7 luglio 2017 12:07
  • Maybe that a moderator can change the forum and category this post is in, I don't think that my question belongs here
    domenica 9 luglio 2017 11:45
  • This worked for me:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee5b1d6b-09e2-49f3-a52c-820aafc316f9/hyperv-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-to-windows-10-1809?forum=win10itprovirt&prof=required

Regards Andre Thompson

• Proposto come risposta AndreThompson venerdì 15 marzo 2019 15:49
    venerdì 15 marzo 2019 15:49