none
BSOD restarts affecting several computers on the same network RRS feed

• Domanda

• Hi all!

I'm having some very peculiar issues.  About 15 computers on my network have been being affected by PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA srv.sys blue screens of death today.  It happens anywhere from once every 4 hours to several times in an hour.

The antivirus scans (Kaspersky and MalwareBytes) turn up clean and I've already verified/updated drivers and all that jazz.  I just think it's insane that it's affecting so many computers all at once, way too much to just be a coincidence.

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue? 

lunedì 8 luglio 2019 22:07

Tutte le risposte

• It's possible its a recent widows update impacting so many computers at one time.

Submit data for one computer per thread.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

Choose the applicable link for the operating system:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html
    https://www.eightforums.com/threads/language-add-or-remove-in-windows-8.5849/
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/87317-display-language-change.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

lunedì 8 luglio 2019 22:23
  • Hi, 

Here is an official article about your issue, please check if it is useful for you.

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

martedì 9 luglio 2019 08:21
    Moderatore
  • Hi!  Sorry for being so quiet on here.  I've solved the issue!

Firstly, updating the affected computers reduced the frequency of the crashes but didn't solve the issue entirely in most cases.

The solution that ended up working was disabling the SMBv1 protocol.  I'm not completely sure how or why but it worked but it seemed to have been linked to having network folders.

Here's the guide that I followed for doing so:
    https://www.howtogeek.com/321072/how-to-disable-smbv1-and-protect-your-windows-pc-from-attack/

Thanks for your help

venerdì 12 luglio 2019 17:57
  • Hi Eric, 

Thank you for your update.  It would be very useful for other customers who encounter same issue with you.

By the way, please mark the useful reply as answer for searching result more efficiently.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

sabato 13 luglio 2019 11:09
    Moderatore
  • This is a simple TechNet advanced setting.Simply R.click my computer/properties/Advanced/Virtual Memory/Advanced/Change button...With C: highlited,set to: Let System Manage click set 2X close out,restart pc.This works with all storage devices/USB flash also once set to Enable in diskmgmt.msc

In msc,L.click on the device,go up to Actions/All/Make active  once thru,reset Virtual memory to add on to settings as outlined above..This is a pc Memory upgrade/performance....Also,all SSD drives require additional software/drivers,follow the Intel link,if you run Intel hardware..

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/35125/Memory-and-Storage

sabato 13 luglio 2019 19:56
  • Hi all!

I'm having some very peculiar issues.  About 15 computers on my network have been being affected by PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA srv.sys blue screens of death today.  It happens anywhere from once every 4 hours to several times in an hour.

Any ideas on what might be causing this issue? 

Hi,

Could you please tell me if these computers is up to date? Are all critical updates installed on them with regard to the SMB vulnerability (like EternalBlue)?

Please specify if your computers are connected to the Internet directly (without any firewalls and routers)?

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

sabato 13 luglio 2019 21:47
  • The solution that ended up working was disabling the SMBv1 protocol.  I'm not completely sure how or why but it worked but it seemed to have been linked to having network folders.

Hi,

Please read the following article: Stop Code 0x50 srv.sys caused by EternalBlue Exploit

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

sabato 13 luglio 2019 21:50