none
Max Colour 16 bit RRS feed

• 質問

• Wouldn't you know it! I have a 'legacy' app that refuses to install in a 16 bit colour environment... is is possible to increase this (I doubt it)?
    machines rule. might as well get used to it!
    2009年9月1日 21:47

回答

• Hi,

Here are the steps to change the color quality to a suitable mode.

1. Start XP Mode, click Tools --- Disable integration Features.

2. Right click on Desktop, choose Properties.

3. Go to Settings tab, click Advance button (As smjain mentioned, now 32Bit should already available, we can have a test on it first).

Note: After testing, I can see the "32Bit" option in my test environment. If you cannot find the option, it should be setup or hardware related.

4. Go to Adapter tab, click on List All Modes.

5. Here we can choose a lot of modes. I suggest that let's have a test on 256 colors such as "800x600, 256 colors, 75Hertz" if the application cannot be installed in 32Bit mode incase it actually means to install in a low color quality mode (such as 256 colors).

In addition, as it is a virtual system, we cannot guarantee if the legacy application can be installed in XP Mode. Thank you for your understanding.

For more information please refer: Three Modes of Windows XP Mode

2009年9月2日 3:57
    モデレータ

すべての返信

• if you disable the integration components you can run in 32bit color.
    2009年9月1日 23:11
  • Hi,

Here are the steps to change the color quality to a suitable mode.

1. Start XP Mode, click Tools --- Disable integration Features.

2. Right click on Desktop, choose Properties.

3. Go to Settings tab, click Advance button (As smjain mentioned, now 32Bit should already available, we can have a test on it first).

Note: After testing, I can see the "32Bit" option in my test environment. If you cannot find the option, it should be setup or hardware related.

4. Go to Adapter tab, click on List All Modes.

5. Here we can choose a lot of modes. I suggest that let's have a test on 256 colors such as "800x600, 256 colors, 75Hertz" if the application cannot be installed in 32Bit mode incase it actually means to install in a low color quality mode (such as 256 colors).

In addition, as it is a virtual system, we cannot guarantee if the legacy application can be installed in XP Mode. Thank you for your understanding.

For more information please refer: Three Modes of Windows XP Mode

2009年9月2日 3:57
    モデレータ
  • Thanks. Eventually figured this out after a bit more tinkering. Unfortunately this app requires use of an IR dongle that worked fine in XP and Vista x86 but refuses to work in XP mode. The app just doesn't recognise that the IR dongle is present. I've tried to attach the dongle before starting the app. The app downloads and uploads data on to an insulin pump using the IR interface. It can't be done any other way. Looks like I still have a use for Vista/XP after all.
    2009年9月8日 1:08
  • As the program will not work in XP Mode, we can try to contact the program manufacturer to see if there is any update or upgrade version to help us run it in Windows 7 or XP Mode.

Meanwhile, if available please let me know the exact name and version of the program. I can help do some research on it.

2009年9月8日 1:22
    モデレータ
  • Hi Shaon,

You know I love making these rash statements of fact because invariably I prove myself incorrect! I had another go, remembering a crucial point about my pump that allows it to connect via IR. Low and behold it worked.

I have actually written to Deltec who make my pump to let them know of this (albeit convoluted) workaround.

Amazing. I can lauch the app from the XP Mode entry in the start menu and it worked flawlessly. That's gonna save me a lot of mucking around.
    WOOOOHOOOO.

I love it when things just work.

2009年9月8日 4:26
  • It's glad to hear that. So the fact is, after changing the colors, that application can still work in XP Mode. Congratulation!

2009年9月9日 1:36
    モデレータ