none
Cant log off users through the task manager RRS feed

• 質問

• i cant log off other users through the task manager, even if they dont have any programs running. It always gives me an "Access Denied" message even though i am an administrative user. Why doesn this work for me? this is really anoying cause when people use my computer and then put it into hibrenate, it keeps the family account logged on which slows up my computer's performance. i used to be able to just log onto my account and go to the task manager and log the other user off but now i have sign into their account go to the log off button on the start menu and then log onto my account. its much simpler to be able to do everything from one domain.
    hope this helps, nitrous_74
    2009年9月5日 14:49

回答

• Hi nitrous_74,

It is possible that Task Manager is not running under administrative privileges. Let's see if the following methods can resolve this issue:

Method 1:

======

1.     Open Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) and click the Processes tab

2.     Click Show processes from all users

3.     When you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

(Task Manager now runs with administrative privileges.)

4.     Switch to the Users tab and log off an user account.

Method 2:

======

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

2.     If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3.     At the command prompt, type taskmgr.exe, and then press ENTER.

(Task Manager starts with administrative privileges.)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Linda

• 回答としてマーク Linda Yan 2009年9月10日 7:03
    2009年9月7日 7:39

すべての返信

• You might consider educating the other users. lol

Seriously (though I was), I don't know why you can't.

Regards

Rem
    2009年9月5日 15:01
  • Hi nitrous_74,

It is possible that Task Manager is not running under administrative privileges. Let's see if the following methods can resolve this issue:

Method 1:

======

1.     Open Task Manager (taskmgr.exe) and click the Processes tab

2.     Click Show processes from all users

3.     When you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

(Task Manager now runs with administrative privileges.)

Method 2:

======

1.     Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

2.     If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

3.     At the command prompt, type taskmgr.exe, and then press ENTER.

(Task Manager starts with administrative privileges.)

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Linda

• 回答としてマーク Linda Yan 2009年9月10日 7:03
    2009年9月7日 7:39
  • i just had this whole thing happen to me and i cant even log on to my user account i tried both methods and it doesnt show me as a user? but it shows on my computer screen to type in my password...i dunno what to do. Please help!
    2011年3月21日 3:41
  • Thank you Linda this was very helpful
    2011年4月18日 20:17
  • Switch off the PC, Restart the machine then instead of clicking on your username, Do an Alt-Ctrl-Delete and an old style logon box should pop up. Remember your exact username and password, put those details in and you should be able to logon.
    2011年6月4日 20:02
  • Great, It works

Thanks Linda
    • 編集済み abdelzoo 2013年11月20日 9:12
    2013年11月20日 9:11
  • Thank you Linda.. Option2 really worked for me. 
    2016年12月30日 10:11
  • nice work linda. first method worked for me
    2019年10月15日 13:00