none
Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000 "There is no camera connected to this computer" RRS feed

回答

• Oh no, I made it!!!

I post my solution here, it maybe helps the others.

With LifeCam NX-6000 connected in the Not Working USB Port...

1) Open Device Manager and search for Imaging devices -> Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 and Uninstall. (no need to delete drivers from system, can leave them installed)

2) Now search for Sound, video and game controllers -> Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 and Uninstall. (as well can leave the drivers in the system, no need to delete them)

3) Now unplug webcam from Not Working USB Port, wait few secconds and plug into working one.

4) Wait a lil bit until it's succesfully initialized in the system.

5) Now do exactly the same things as described in step 1) and 2).

6) Now chnage the USB ports again, wait until it's succesfully installed in the system saying Ready to Use.

After this webcam should work and Microsoft LifeCam application should detect it in the first USB port which did not work before, which was saying "There is no camera connected to this computer".

That's it, have good day, bye...
    2009年12月21日 15:03
  • Hello,

Connect the webcam to another computer if possible, in order to check if it is damaged.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

2008年6月23日 8:24
  • I had the same exact issue and I unplugged my USB TV Tuner and everything worked perfectly.  Thanks!
    2008年12月10日 2:00

すべての返信

• Hello,

Connect the webcam to another computer if possible, in order to check if it is damaged.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

2008年6月23日 8:24
  • I also get the same message from the Livecam softwareI , but in My Computer when I click on the icon for the video camera, the camera comes on and works just fine. I've rinstalled the software to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciate.
    2008年8月9日 19:47
  • Any success here? I also get this msg. Have tried uninstalling Skype, Lifecam software etc - have all Vista updates and latest Lifecam software. V annoying!

2008年10月4日 6:01
  • Same here.  As soon as I go into Preferences and start changing the display options, or when I configure sound options, it bails out on me saying "no camera connected to this computer". 

Extremely very annoying!!!!

Yokum

2008年10月5日 3:50
  • Same here afer upgrading to 2.04 SW.

The webcam works for example in MSN messenger but not in "Microsoft LifeCam" app!

MP

2008年10月18日 16:20
  • I'm having the same issue with the VX-6000 LifeCam under Vista.  The LifeCam application says no camera is installed, but other messaging applications see (& operate) the camera just fine and it appears with no errors in the device manager.  After every boot now, it pops open the window from the install process about positioning the WebCam which after closing prompts to plug in the camera.  Regardless of whether the camera is already plugged in or is plugged in at that point, the remnants of the install process and the MS LifeCam application itself don't recognize when it is plugged in even though Google's messenger does.  From this, it appears that the USB drivers are working fine, and it is a problem with the LifeCam applicatoin itself.  I've seen this problem report multiple times across various Internet forums, but no solutions.  This is frustrating - I'd expect better quality s/w from MS in a 6th or 7th generation LifeCam on their most current operating system.

This is all with the LifeCam 2.04 software, Vista 32-bit SP1 with all the current updates.
    2008年11月28日 19:03
  • Following a hint found elsewhere, I discovered that the issue is a conflict with my USB TV tuner (an EVGA inDtube).  If I unplug the tuner (which is seen as a USB 2883 device), the LifeCam software installs & runs properly.  If the tuner is plugged in, the LifeCam software doesn't recognize the VX-6000.  All drivers on both devices are up to date, so it looks like I'm stuck for the moment.
    2008年12月1日 4:13
  • I had the same exact issue and I unplugged my USB TV Tuner and everything worked perfectly.  Thanks!
    2008年12月10日 2:00
  • Same problem here, seems that Vista VX-6000 drivers (latest 2.04) are not compatible with Empia 28xx tuners (latest Windows Update drivers, work fine with Vista MC).

Another suspicious SW might be ATi Catalyst drivers (what a moloch!)

Strange that in XP everything works fine

MP
    2009年2月9日 10:58
  • I have a Vista 32 Ultimate, and it used to have a LifeCam on it working fine.

I relocated the PC to be the one next to the widescreen TV (removed all old software) and needed a smaller webcam so opted for the VX-5000.

Life Cam sw would not install, kept saying the software was not from trusted source, so got latest version from MS.  This installed but the LifCam software does not detect the camera.

Live Messenger sees it OK...

The PC has 4GB RAM, and latest service packs, all MRT's and weeklt full scan tested.

2009年6月4日 19:01
  • Hello,
    try to (temporarily) unplug/disable other HW. Start with USB ofcourse.

It would also help a lot if you described your config more deeply. So far it looks that lifecam drivers hate EM2xxx tuners :(

MP
    2009年6月6日 10:12
  • microsoft laughing at people now for they didnt give any solution.the camera seems dead no detecting , this never happen with any camera. i think i have to throw it in trash and back to my logetic.

2009年8月25日 16:09
  • Thank's I can stop balding now after 3 week's.
    the early bird gets the worm,But the second mouse get's the cheese
    2009年11月27日 17:23
  • Anny success here, seem many people have trouble and Microsoft does not care :-(

Only difference is I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, but it seems it has no influence on it. Same like in Vista above. I have no USB TV Tunners, just only USB mouse is plugged in one USB port, there are no memory or IRQ conflicts, device manager is completely free of any issues.

I have same issue, Microsoft LifeCam application says "There is no camera connected to this computer" in one specific USB port. But it was the port that camera was wroking fine before!!! When I use another port just next to it (exactly the same parameters of the port), it works. Why refuse to work in one specific port??? If stops working in this one (the port I'm using now), I have no more USB ports on my laptop available. So I'd like to find the solution, the reason why it happens??? Seem that many people have this problem, and it rizes up just only with LifeCam software, I can find this webcam among Devices in Windows 7 looking ok, installed succesfully and Device status says "This device is working properly." in other applications camera works fine in every port I try, but cannot change its settings withou Microsoft LifeCam application which is the only app causing problems. Ofcourse I tryed uninstalling device and all the LifeCam application, but with no success, it's all the same. Please nobody tell me to reinstall my OS, becasue it's quite fresh installed, with no garbage inside. I'm getting little crazy about this. Thanx for anybodys help, bye....
    2009年12月21日 11:16
  • Oh no, I made it!!!

I post my solution here, it maybe helps the others.

With LifeCam NX-6000 connected in the Not Working USB Port...

1) Open Device Manager and search for Imaging devices -> Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 and Uninstall. (no need to delete drivers from system, can leave them installed)

2) Now search for Sound, video and game controllers -> Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 and Uninstall. (as well can leave the drivers in the system, no need to delete them)

3) Now unplug webcam from Not Working USB Port, wait few secconds and plug into working one.

4) Wait a lil bit until it's succesfully initialized in the system.

5) Now do exactly the same things as described in step 1) and 2).

6) Now chnage the USB ports again, wait until it's succesfully installed in the system saying Ready to Use.

After this webcam should work and Microsoft LifeCam application should detect it in the first USB port which did not work before, which was saying "There is no camera connected to this computer".

That's it, have good day, bye...
    2009年12月21日 15:03
  • BINGO!!!  Thank you, Willy2010.  Your solution fixed me up!
    2009年12月26日 1:30
  • I don't know how you came up with this solution,  but it works fantastically.  Thanks  and have a Happy  New Year!!
    2009年12月30日 22:27
  • I did this, and it did not fix my problem.

I have tried everything. The only thing I can think of is that the drivers or software from my old logitech camera are somehow interfering with the LifeCam software. The camera works fine, but the LifeCam program keeps saying there is no camera connected to the computer.

I have tried every USB port. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I followed the directions above. I downloaded the latest version of the drivers, and of the LifeCam program.

Nothing has worked.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I paid 50 bucks for this thing, and it doesn't even work properly. I'm going to go exchange it for a Logitech camera tomorrow. Thankfully, the place I bought it from allows for returns.

Microsoft, you really dropped the ball on this one.
    2010年1月24日 10:44
  • BrokenJohny,

The design of this webcam is bad anyways. Specifically, it's got a couple of fragile moving parts which will break over time.  You are doing yourself a favor by returning it. 

I've been using one of these for about a year and a half.  The plastic housing of the pinch broke on mine after I hooked it up for about two dozen times atop a photo tripod.  Flimsy POS that was.   Recently the video died, out of the blue.  I thought it was software and lost a lot of time trying the usual driver troubleshooting steps such as these documented above, to no avail.  I finally decided, the ____ with it, went out and bought a Logitech WebCam Pro 9000.  That one keeps moving parts to the strict minimum and the hinge it features, while somewhat restrictive in motion, is much much sturdier.  It's body also feels overall much higher quality.  Video is good for this kind of device (can't ask for greatness from such cheap and tiny lenses), on par with the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema.  Sound is excellent.  Low light performance alright, could be better; actually I believe the LifeCam cinema sometimes slightly better in low light (subjective, really, no measurement, just a guess...)

To satisfy my curiosity and desire of revenge on the NX-6000, I disassembled it.  Plenty of tiny screws and parts of all kinds after, I was able to expose the connection from the rotating lens to the circuit board that serves it.  This is a somewhat flexible flat plastic sheet with flat metallic wires embedded in it.  It's actually semi-rigid and kind of brittle (maybe became that way with age and heat generated by the electronics)  It was starting to break, near the connection to the board. One of the wires near the edge was already cut, which I suppose was an important part for the video.  The thing is, as you extend or retract the video head out and back in the housing (feature I thought was nice when I bought it, protecting the lens) tension builds in the wiring, particularly near the connectors where it bends at a sharper angle.  Finally, it breaks: your lens may have been protected ... but it's now completely useless.  Another one dumb design decision (and dumb buying decision on my side, I guess ;-)

FWIW,

-- Olivier.

2010年2月1日 20:30
  • That's it! Nice work, Willy2010! Alternatively, I found that just plugging the webcam into each usb port one by one until I found the one it was originally installed on worked for me.

(problem: it always works in msn but needs the original usb port for the actual LifeCam viewer software)
    2010年3月17日 1:15
  • Hi,

I just bought a Lifecam VX-2000 and have the same trouble. The Willy2010 solution didn't work for me. But there is something strange. The Microsoft software doesn't recognize the camera but when I open the Yahoo Meseenger or broadcast directly to a some webpages the camera works. In fact the quality is very good. I think is a sofware instead hardware trouble. But it's strange.

• 回答の候補に設定 Lablette 2010年6月25日 11:12
    2010年6月25日 0:49
  • Having spent days looking at "Microsoft Life Cam installation saying "USB device does not recognize device" ,I found that if I disabled my anti virus "AVG" the camera installed properly.

( I did however learn more about USB ports :-)

Remember to able anti virus after installation

2010年6月25日 11:16
  • Thanks Willy2010 that worked for me!  I even used a shorter process that fixed my problem:

3) Now unplug webcam from Not Working USB Port, wait few secconds and plug back into the same port.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with VX-1000 camera.  I had the issue where LifeCam software said there was no camera connected even though Skype, MSN messenger, and Blue Iris all worked with the camera.

Barry11

2010年8月24日 1:07
  • I'm running Windows XP and if my Lifecam 3.0 is plugged in my computer doesn't start up. So next time I turn it on I set it to last know safe configuration, then when I'm logged on, it says "There is no camera connected to this computer". I check and I have all the system requirements. the same thing happened to my other webcam, it worked on skype and msn but not when you click the actual application. I tried all the different ports. Doesn't work in any of them. When I first installed it it work, but now since the computer wouldn't start, the application doesn't work. Please help!
    2010年9月6日 12:23
  • I mean I'm using Lifecam cinema
    2010年9月6日 22:20
  • where download a full soft lifecam but form the web is a exe parcialy a full exe , need a conexion on this pc for complete a soft

-*-

I dont have a conexion only in my job
    2011年4月7日 2:55
  • I finally found a fix for this issue it's been bugging me for a VERY long time,
    I couldn't figure out the problem but then I tried the Camera on my Windows 8 CP laptop and it was working fine so I tried putting those files onto my computer it then said I was missing the "MSVCP110.dll" file so if you try getting this file and adding it to your "C:\Windows\" folder then once you have done this go to your hardware via the control panel and then troubleshoot your LifeCam once you have done this uninstall and reinstall the "LifeCam 3.60" software and then it should be working fine.

That's how I did it anyways because I think it had issues with picking up the sound driver aspect of the Camera which is why it would not work.

I hope this helps anyone with this same issue I know it's kind of a dead post but for those who still need a fix can hopefully use this to work ^-^

Many Thanks,
    Casper
    2012年6月27日 15:38
  • You are a genius, Willy2010. Thank you for helping!
    2012年7月22日 13:20
  • Followed your suggestions and I am happy to report that it is up and running. I don't know what happened, but there must have been a conflict with the Microsoft  Cam and the Microsoft mic as to that was what my system showed. Never the less, you solution worked GREAT ! ! !  Thanks for the fix.
    2013年2月5日 4:22
  • Use a USB2 USB slot, not a USB3 slot.
    2019年10月4日 16:01