none
Windows cannot connect to the printerThere is not enough memory to complete this operationPlease close some programs & startagai RRS feed

• 질문

•  

I am trying to connect to a network printer, a Samsung CLP-500 colour laser printer. The printer is found on the correct server but I always get this message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation.Please close some programs and start again. Of course, closing programs still gives the same message.

I also tried using TCP/IP but to no avail. Tried newer printer drivers but without success. My computer has 1.5 gig RAM

but another with 2 GIG RAM has the same problem. Both print to the printer in XP.  This has been a constant problem since Vista was released but still no solution.
    2007년 5월 17일 목요일 오후 3:21

답변

• Same issue with my Dell 1100

Spent 2 + Hours with Dell Tech Chat. They couldn't fix it and wanted to re-install my OS.... NO WAY!

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

Select "Local Printer" instead of "Network Printer"

Select "Add New Port" instead of "Add New Printer" button

Name your port with the network path to your printer

Mine wasSad \\emachine\DellLaser )

The system takes over from there, and you're done!

2007년 11월 15일 목요일 오전 12:42

모든 응답

• I have exactly the same problem when trying to connect to a Samsung ML1210, i can connect to any other printer on that server as well as any other printer on the network without a problem. My PC has 2Gigof RAM
    2007년 5월 22일 화요일 오전 8:23
  • I had the same issue.  The solution is to first download and install the latest Vista drivers for the ML-1210 from Samsung's website here...

http://www.samsung.com/support/productsupport/download/Model_Select2.aspx?type=Printer+and+Multifunction&subtype=Discontinued+Products&model=ML%2D1210&fileType=DR&LSSI=%2Finclude%2FSSI%2Fus%5Fleft%2FLMenu%5FPrinterandMultifunction%5FDiscontinuedProducts%2Esec&RSSI=%2Finclude%2FSSI%2Fus%5Fright%2FRMenu%5FPrinterandMultifunction%2Esec

Once you do this you should be able to connect to the printer with no problems.

2007년 5월 27일 일요일 오후 3:53
  • Actually not at all usefull since Vista will not let you override the driver.

You install the vista driver and it looks ok, even if you change the location to the network printer, it reloads the xp driver and crashes.

There is no option to load an alternat driver, just a message like "Your computer is about to conect to the other computer and download the wrong driver. Ok or Cancel?".

2007년 6월 1일 금요일 오후 9:12
  • I found it to be very useful as I can finally add the printer connected to my Win2003 server. It didn't try to load the driver from the Win2003 server anymore!
    2007년 6월 4일 월요일 오후 3:17
  • I am having the same problem with my Samsung ML-1710 Laser.  After doing a google search I have discovered many others (100+) are having the same issue, often times with Dell's as well, something do to with the same firmwear.  Since I have switched my network to vista I have incountered so many issues many of them are still unresolved.  I think its about time to swap back to XP>
    2007년 6월 7일 목요일 오후 4:41
  • when the driver install says the printer isn't on hit no and it will install the drivers anyhow. once installed connect to the printer again and it'll work peachy 

this worked on a Samsung ML1210 running Vista Premium on an Alienware Superman notebook. with my Dell 1705 and Vista Ultimate it installed over the network with no problem, same with my Alienware 5550

2007년 6월 27일 수요일 오후 9:56

Spent 2 + Hours with Dell Tech Chat. They couldn't fix it and wanted to re-install my OS.... NO WAY!

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

2007년 11월 15일 목요일 오전 12:42
  • Download and install the Vista printer driver for the Vista computer before you connect the network printer. Then run "add a printer". It is work!

2008년 1월 9일 수요일 오전 12:44
  •  Douzer wrote:

Same issue with my Dell 1100

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

Mine was \\emachine\DellLaser )

this worked like a charm for me, i have a samsung  ML2250 connected to an xp machine.  i firstly tried the PS driver that my laptop suggested but a load of paper came out so i manually changed it to the PCL driver.

Cheers douzer!!

:-)

Keith

2008년 2월 25일 월요일 오후 7:51
  • For Samsung ML-1710 "not enough memory" issue

- Install latest samsung Vista drivers

- Add a local printer

- Create new port -> type -> LocalPort

- Port name -> (PC and sharename where printer is shared) as format \\printserver\sharename    

Most important thing is :

Use Samsung ML-1610 drivers instead of ML-1710

2008년 3월 24일 월요일 오전 10:52
  • It works for my ML-1740. 

Thanks for the help!!!!
    2008년 3월 30일 일요일 오후 5:07
  • Thanks Douzer,

Was getting this error using Vista Ultimate and your solution worked on my Lexmark X215.

William

2008년 4월 12일 토요일 오후 11:25
  • I have a Xerox 3115 Phaser on XP Pro machine. Your info helped, thanks

2008년 4월 18일 금요일 오후 3:06
  • I have a Xerox 3115 Phaser on XP Pro machine. Your info helped (Local Printer & Add new port as network path), thanks

2008년 4월 18일 금요일 오후 3:10
  •  Douzer wrote:

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

Mine was \\emachine\DellLaser )

This worked for my Samsung ML-2250! 

Although in Vista Ultimate the instructions are a little different...

Within the Printers area, click the 'Add Printer' shortcut

Select 'Add a local printer'

Select 'Create a new port' -> select 'Local Port' within the drop down list

Type \\computer\printershare\

Selected the Samsung ML2250 Driver and that was it...

Thanks!

2008년 7월 25일 금요일 오후 8:20
  • Most helpful piece of information I have received on printer driver setup since adding my Vista laptop to my network.

Thanks heaps it worked like a dream and no long waits sending information to the printer as was one of the problems I experienced.

2008년 11월 5일 수요일 오전 9:28
  •  

I have a Gestetner DSm516pf and it worked for me as well! :-)
    2008년 11월 10일 월요일 오전 9:52
  • My printer is a Samsung SCX-4x16 Series.  This is the only solution in this forum that worked for me:  http://www.virtualtechsupport.ca/index.php/2008/05/15/error-when-connecting-to-a-shared-printer-with-vista/.  What a headache and run-around .  I wasted many hours trying to get this right.   The Vista printer driver that worked was a bit confusing - I used SCX-4216F available here:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download/supportDown.do?model_nm=SCX-4216F&mType=DR&vType=L&disp_nm=SCX-4216F
    2008년 11월 24일 월요일 오후 1:48
  • Worked for me

I have a samsung ML-1710P on a xp maching on a network, and is working

Adding a local printer and using it as a network printer - great job by MICROSOFT.... 

2008년 12월 11일 목요일 오전 5:19
  • Douzer said:

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

This worked for me, thanks Douzer
    2009년 1월 5일 월요일 오전 12:28
  • No way if you try to add a network printer or chose  from a PC.
    Please follow next instruction for Windows Vista:

1) select control panel\printers
    2) press right button mouse -> [Add P rinter]
    3) select  [Add a local printer] instead of [Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer]
    4) select [Create a new port] instead of [Use an existing port]
    4.1) Type of port: Local Port
    4.2) Enter a port name: \\name_PC\samsungscx-4100

System will install driver for you and you can use 

good luck

Franz Enríquez
    Francen-ECU
    2009년 5월 14일 목요일 오후 9:48

This worked:

Select 'Add New Printer'

Worked for me!  Im running Vista 32, networked to 2 xp machines.  The xp system has the samsung 2010 printer on it.  Thanks for the help suggestion!
    2009년 7월 2일 목요일 오전 1:08
  • This also worked perfectly for me as well.  Good tip. 
    2010년 2월 15일 월요일 오후 7:20
  • Thanks giving the good tips. It works for me. My shared printer[samsung ml-1740] using win xp. I can connect my laptop lenovo using vista driver for samsung ml1740 downloaded frm samsung website. At first, i could not connect the shared printer. then i searched the answer and landed into this page, followed the steps and hooorayyyyy its workingggggggggg!!!

rgrds
    -aL Young
      Malaysia
    2010년 2월 16일 화요일 오전 3:13
  • This Worked for me on my Samsung ML1755.

Many Thanks

2010년 5월 5일 수요일 오전 11:08
  • Its Not Working
    2018년 7월 10일 화요일 오전 11:43
  • its not working
    2018년 7월 10일 화요일 오전 11:43