none
Hard Disk Converted to GPT format RRS feed

• 질문

• I have DELL inspiron 5558 With windwos 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10.

Recently i wanted windows 7 and for that i shrink my E drive and from DVD tried to install Windows 7 on that 50 GB unallocated space. But it was showing me that you cant install OS on Windows Cannot be Installed to Disk 0 Partition 7.

I have followed the solution on internet and step in it. Used Dispart command On SHIFT + F10 on Boot screen. and first 

Selected the Disk and Then Cleaned it. Then i converted it to GPT using convert gpt and then exit

They suddenly i realized that it is showing me 931 Gb unallocated space. So for DATA sake i stopped right their and done nothing further that point. 

Please if anybody have solution to it... Please suggest me and I want my data back from those partitions before conversion. Help me!

2016년 10월 22일 토요일 오전 6:18

답변

• Hi ,

Based on your description, the main issue is you accidentally deleted your vulume, it became unallocated space, so your data is lost, right?

If so, we’d better to ask data recovery company for help, if the data is valuable. It is out of our support scope. There are also some third party recovery applications that might be useful, but it requires professional skills. If you are not familiar with these applications, data recovery company will be your best bet. 

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2016년 10월 24일 월요일 오전 6:36
    중재자

모든 응답

• Hi Akshay1993,

Did you do "clean" in DISKPART, instead of "clean all"?

("clean" erases only partition information, but "clean all" erases all of disk data)

1. Do not anything with your Inspiron 5558.

2. with other computer, download MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, and install it.

https://www.partitionwizard.com

3. Remove HDD/SSD from Inspiron 5558, and attach/connect it to the PC (where MiniTool Partition Wizard installed)

# you could make a bootable USB flash memory of the software, with another PC.

if use it, you could run the software on Inspiron without removing HDD/SSD. refer to:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/faqvideo/boot-cd-dvd-discs.html

4. Run MiniTool Partition Wizard, and recover cleared partitions.

for further details of recovery, refer to:

https://www.partitionwizard.com/help/partition-recovery.html

** Learn much berore do it, and do it with most care **

I hope you will succeed and your Inspiron can work as before.

Regard,

Ashidacchi

2016년 10월 22일 토요일 오후 5:44
  • Hi ,

Based on your description, the main issue is you accidentally deleted your vulume, it became unallocated space, so your data is lost, right?

If so, we’d better to ask data recovery company for help, if the data is valuable. It is out of our support scope. There are also some third party recovery applications that might be useful, but it requires professional skills. If you are not familiar with these applications, data recovery company will be your best bet. 

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2016년 10월 24일 월요일 오전 6:36
    중재자