none
DPM RRS feed

모든 응답

• Hi,

Which version of DPM are you using exactly? There are no 2008 version, either way it sounds like a very old DPM version, but it would be good to know the exact version.

Also how big is the physical server? And what is the Windows Server version of the physical server?

The consistency check will compare the data on the protected server and the replica, and transfer only the differences. If the replica is mostly in sync with protected server, then the data transfer will be less, but time will be consumed in reading data from disk. So if you have slow disks/slow network it may impact the performance, but it shouldn't take more than 3 days to complete.

I)Why Consistency check job is running more than 3 days ? how can i check logs information via cli?

The only way is to check the job status within the Monitoring pane, it's not possible to check the job status from the command line/PowerShell.

ii)when i rerun the synchronization jobs after that i go to monitor option and i can see the jobs of Consistency check , is it possible  to finish before 3 days of Consistency check?

It should be possible to finish a consistency job before 3 days, but as I mentioned above, it depends on a few things.

III)with out  Consistency check job and how can i check my DPM backup finished or not?

You can check all the DPM job's statuses within the Monitoring pane.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• 편집됨 Leon Laude 2020년 6월 25일 목요일 오전 10:32
    2020년 6월 25일 목요일 오전 10:00
  • hi,

CC job specially in older DPM server is an IO intensive work and it takes good amount of time before the replica is marked consistent. 

You can go to the monitoring tab and create a new Filter, select the job type and server name. Once created, use that filter to track the CC job status. 

Below are the answers to your questions:

I)Why Consistency check job is running more than 3 days ? how can i check logs information via cli?

[Answer]: DPM doesn't not have a CLI to track the job information, so you need to stick with the DPM job section to track any job's progress. There are some advance way through which you can check what's going on in the logs but it shouldn't be required unless you want to deep dive into it. Let me know if you are still interested

ii)when i rerun the synchronization jobs after that i go to monitor option and i can see the jobs of Consistency check , is it possible  to finish before 3 days of Consistency check?

[Answer]: it is because, sync job which was triggered has probably failed as replica was already marked as inconsistent and after 15mins Auto CC job triggers to make the replica consistent, thats why you see the CC job in the job section. The amount of time it takes to perform a consistency check against a data source has many variables.

1) The number of files and directories on the protected volume.  Millions of small files will take much longer than a handful of larger files of equal total space used. 
    2) Disk I/O speed on both DPM and Protected server volume.
    3) How busy each of the disks are. (io/sec, queue length) i.e. active IOPS
    4) network speed and bandwidth / utilization.

A CC is broken into three parts:

•(LWC) Lightweight Check

•(HWC) Heavyweight Check

•Fix-up

For more information refer this link

III)with out  Consistency check job and how can i check my DPM backup finished or not?

[Answer]: It is not possible, a datasource has to go through the CC job if it is marked as inconsistent. The only work around is to delete the replica and start from scratch but of course it is not feasible if the replica is marked inconsistent every now and then. 

I believe you need to find out a reason why your replicas are marked as inconsistent, you need to use the DPM custom filters and look for the job history. Once you identify the failure events, troubleshoot it and make sure Replicas are healthy and your backups are not failing intermittently. 

NOTE: CC job mechanism has been improved a lot in 2016 and 2019 DPM server, and there is no 2008 DPM version. Make sure you are running the latest build to get best performance from it. 

2020년 6월 25일 목요일 오전 10:26
  • Hello Thanks for replay.

How to use the DPM custom filters options and where i will get?

2020년 6월 25일 목요일 오후 12:26
  • Ok that is really and old version which has reached end of support many years ago, I would strongly recommend you to upgrade to a newer version because the newer versions are much faster and more efficient.

You can filter by going to the Monitoring pane, then go to the Jobs tab, there you can either use the "Group By" or "Filter names", the filtering options are a lot better in newer DPM versions.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

2020년 6월 25일 목요일 오후 12:56